Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is normal parking sensor behaviour

J

j200george

VIP Member
Hi All,

As a first time MB owner I am new to the way the parking sensor system operates. I was of the belief that I had a fault with my 2019 MP but a recent visit to a local independent all but sent me away red faced... (they were nice about it, I am being dramatic).

My MP only BEEPS when the front and rear proximity gauges are in the red. Is this correct behaviour? Note I have the 360' camera option.

I am pretty sure I read on here somewhere that MB can reprogram the sensors such that they beep when in the yellow and incrementally increase in intensity as it approaches the red. This behaviour is more like that which have been used to in my previous vehicles.

THe indy is insistent that he can't change this sensitivity only the loudness which he said is on 75% as default.

I could try another independent but they treated me very fairly in not charging to scan the car for errors (of which there were none) so thought I would ask your sage guidance.

Thanks in advance :)

Method7

Yep this is correct, i read your post earlier and thought they beeped in the yellow but really wasn't certain, i just got back and payed particular attention as I backed up to the garage door. parking sensors are new to me with the MP so nothing to compare with except a mini we purchased a couple of years ago which beeps when a object is in the same postcode it seems - then as you get closer the beeps get faster until eventually the beeping stops when you still have about 18" left.. which i guess is where the MP starts.. Much prefer the MP to the Mini - The Mini is a creaky, rattle filled chatter box designed for people who hate driving..

J

j200george

VIP Member
^^ mine do not beep at all in the yellow zone... just the red. I think my Indy may not know what he doth speak. Does anyone have any other views or set up?

Method7

!!!!! - they do not beep in the yellow - i was agreeing with your INDI and with you "My MP only BEEPS when the front and rear proximity gauges are in the red. Is this correct behaviour? "

YEP THIS IS CORRECT

J

j200george

VIP Member
Lol ok thanks sorry I misread your explanation. I’ve since for some other threads on an MB forum saying the same as yourself though related to an A class I think. All is well with the world thanks.

Steve B

I'm sure mine beep in the yellow, but I'm wondering now. They are dramatic though compared to other cars I've had, there a bit last minute