Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We christened our van today!

Blackrat

Well we drove to our local beach for a walk and then had a picnic in it overlooking the Solent.

Can anyone shed some light on a warning message we are getting on the control panel for the roof/fridge etc. It’s a triangle with a ! in the middle which shows in the bottom left corner of the display. The manual suggests it’s to remind us that the 230v is connected but it stays on all the time even when driving.

Thanks in advance.

Roy C

The warning triangle shows if your fresh water tank is empty. Could that be it? When the electric hook up is connected there is a plug symbol

thespoddy

Well we drove to our local beach for a walk and then had a picnic in it overlooking the Solent.

Can anyone shed some light on a warning message we are getting on the control panel for the roof/fridge etc. It’s a triangle with a ! in the middle which shows in the bottom left corner of the display. The manual suggests it’s to remind us that the 230v is connected but it stays on all the time even when driving.

Thanks in advance.
Roy is correct in part. The usual warning is that your water tank is low/empty. If you press the down arrow it will show you the issue.

Epigram

Whenever the tank is empty for example if it is drained for the winter it is worth putting a stout elastic band on the water tap to prevent it it from coming on and damaging the water pump when running when dry.

Blackrat

The warning triangle shows if your fresh water tank is empty. Could that be it? When the electric hook up is connected there is a plug symbol
Roy is correct in part. The usual warning is that your water tank is low/empty. If you press the down arrow it will show you the issue.
Thanks for the replies. That could well be the issue as I made sure the tank was drained at the weekend.

Blackrat

Whenever the tank is empty for example if it is drained for the winter it is worth putting a stout elastic band on the water tap to prevent it it from coming on and damaging the water pump when running when dry.
That’s a very good idea, I will definitely do that.
Thanks.

PeeGee

Isn’t the alternative solution not to replace the water pump fuse, which you have to remove when you drain the tank, until you are ready to refill the water tank and use it again?

Blackrat

Isn’t the alternative solution not to replace the water pump fuse, which you have to remove when you drain the tank, until you are ready to refill the water tank and use it again?
I had considered that but concluded it’s easier to do the elastic band thing than try to access the fuse box when it’s fill up time. Simply because we will use ours all year round.

thespoddy

I had considered that but concluded it’s easier to do the elastic band thing than try to access the fuse box when it’s fill up time. Simply because we will use ours all year round.
Yes, taking the fuse out is a right pain. I just run the tap to empty the pipes. Running the motor dry for a few seconds is unlikely to cause a problem.

Epigram

MPs are often delivered with the fuse removed in case the tap gets knocked on when there is no water in the tank. Also fuse removal is recommended in the manual.
However!
IMO the primary purpose of a fuse is to protect the vehicle wiring (and to some extent the end device) from excess current causing overheating and damage.
Fuse carriers are not designed to be switches. If the design (of anything!) requires a switch or isolation then one should be provided.

There is a post on this forum where this has been recognised this and the water pump circuit modified by adding a keyswitch. Search :”water pump isolator“- posted by Douglas Smith.

For me, if I removed a fuse for any period of time, it would immediately, move into that parallel universe where keys, mobile phones, glasses and certain tools exist in a completely different place to where they were last left. When I next filled the water tank I would spend ages looking for the fuse and probably end up buying a replacement whereupon the original fuse would immediately re appear where I first looked. The upside of this is I would then have a spare fuse.
So far the elastic bands have not been subject to the same “parallel universe law for lost items” but who knows what the future may hold in this strange world?

Apologies for a long and digressing post - anything to avoid this morning’s list of chores I have set myself to complete in Lockdown 2.;)