Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water fill/ power socket flap

J

j200george

VIP Member
Anyone got a fix for an issue I’m having with the small flappy door that keeps popping open? The door in question is the grey plastic cover that covers the water supply inlet and the power socket?

seems a friction fit but mine doesn’t want to stay closed. Bumps in the road etc cause it to fly open and get stuck in the up position. Anyone else experienced similar? What did you do to fix the issue?

Steve B

There was some info on here a couple of years ago and I think there is a repair kit available from the dealers. Worth an enquiry.

Rayriggs1

I’ve had mine replaced twice under warranty. It’s a known issue by Mercedes. Apparently it’s only when a critical mass of customers make warranty claims on these items that the manufacturer will make any changes, so please do also report it to your local dealer. In the meantime, mine has been fine with a bit of black insulating tape subtlety stuck around the edges to give it the necessary amount of friction to hold it closed. Can’t see it unless you’re specifically looking for it. Good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J

j200george

VIP Member
Sadly out of warranty but I’ll pop into parts and have a discussion. It’s not worth booking in for, meanwhile I’ll did out some electrical tape thanks :)

Kimmy

Kimmy

VIP Member
Anyone got a fix for an issue I’m having with the small flappy door that keeps popping open? The door in question is the grey plastic cover that covers the water supply inlet and the power socket?

seems a friction fit but mine doesn’t want to stay closed. Bumps in the road etc cause it to fly open and get stuck in the up position. Anyone else experienced similar? What did you do to fix the issue?
yes its a reall problem for ours

J

j200george

VIP Member
yes its a reall problem for ours
I’ve found the insulating tape works to some extent. If I need to get my car into MB (I’m out of warranty) I will ask them to affect whatever the fix is.

Kimmy

Kimmy

VIP Member
I am at my wits end with this as the company who I purchased the mp off just over 3 weeks ago (fault discovered 2 days after purchase) Anchor Vans Reading just sent me a new 'flap' in the post and told me to fix it myself! it was easy apparently - that took 10 days to arrive. I am now discovering that purchasing a vehicle 4 hours drive away is a real problem because no one around where I live will fix it - so I am going to make the drive down with the part and ask them to fit! definitely a lesson learned by me, although my Mercedes dealership did say that people do that all the time!

J

j200george

VIP Member
Oh cool do you have the part number of the flap at all? Don’t mind fitting myself assuming it’s just the outside flap.

J

j200george

VIP Member
All that holds this in place are two pins. Get yourself a thin nail tap both out and pop the new part on. It’ll save you a trip and take less than 5 mins.

Kimmy

Kimmy

VIP Member
All that holds this in place are two pins. Get yourself a thin nail tap both out and pop the new part on. It’ll save you a trip and take less than 5 mins.
unfortunately one pin is lost and I couldn't get the other pin out - I also think the small spring is broken inside where the pin sits!

J

j200george

VIP Member
Ah I see. I wasn’t aware of the spring. Must go explore mine. Going to order up that part when I get a chance. Thank you very much for posting.

T55CSC

T55CSC

VIP Member
We use marine grade sticky back velcro - cut into four slices and placed at intervals. Works an absolute treat.

I

ian gillin

VIP Member

velcro sticky’s

Jameson

I had a problem with this after I took the van for service at Mercedes. I looked at it myself and did a simple sligjt bending of the door, it's been fine ever since.

XEG12

I have had mine replaced under warranty. Seems they warp a bit but as long as you always fully clip it down it now seems OK - allow it to sit not fully clipped down (front and rear) and it may warp again - then it's either warranty or if out of warranty industrial velcro!