Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warning triangle

Grand Tourismo

Thank you in advance for reading my post.

Can anyone tell me where the warning triangle is supposed to live...the guide says in the driver door pocket, is this right?

Cheers

Steve B

Not sure where it is supposed to go but I keep all the items like the tow eye, warning triangle and a couple of other things that I can't remember right now, in an army bergen liner bag (strong, water proof & cheap), under the chairs & table. I know if I need something, go there first.

SteveR

Have you checked in the O/S boot trim? I may be wrong but I believe this is where tools, towball etc are stored

Blackrat

I just looked in the offside boot trim where the jack and swan neck tow ball live. There doesn’t seem to be room for the triangle. In any case it would be difficult to get at in a hurry if you were unlucky enough to break down in a vulnerable position.
I keep mine in the cupboard on the near side of the boot where it’s easy to get to.

Epigram

When my MP was delivered, the warning triangle, first aid kit,, awning handle, seat stop adjuster, spare wheel bolts, lashing lugs etc were all stowed in the drawer under the rear seat.
The adaptor for the wheel locking bolts was with the jack etc. behind the right hand offside boot trim - worth checking before you need to take a wheel off.
Blackrat’s position for the warning triangle is a good one along with torches because you have to walk upstram to put the triangle out. Although I keep yellow vests and reflective jackets closer to hand in the driver’s door and on the back of the seat.
I would be interested to know where people keep their awning handle. I have tried several places, none is perfect.

SteveR

Thank you in advance for reading my post.

Can anyone tell me where the warning triangle is supposed to live...the guide says in the driver door pocket, is this right?

Cheers
You're correct. Manual says drivers door but in all honesty I can't ever recall seeing mine. I'll have to nip out and check :)

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 10.52.17.png

Epigram

I have just checked.
The warning triangle does indeed fit into a slot in the drivers ( and I suspect passenger’s) door pocket.
It‘s almost invisible even without the usual junk in the door so mine is back with all the other breakdown paraphernalia.
Happy hunting GT!

Grand Tourismo

I have just checked.
The warning triangle does indeed fit into a slot in the drivers ( and I suspect passenger’s) door pocket.
It‘s almost invisible even without the usual junk in the door so mine is back with all the other breakdown paraphernalia.
Happy hunting GT!
Thanks Epigram...I think forgot to mention the hunt is over.
We have a shiny Obs. Black V220 2017 MP on the drive! As factory build so far I have found it has an awning and towbar fitting...going to work out what else it has!

Also planning to hit the shops (online) this weekend for a porta loo, parcel shelf cover and maybe a fridge basket insert...

Grand Tourismo

When my MP was delivered, the warning triangle, first aid kit,, awning handle, seat stop adjuster, spare wheel bolts, lashing lugs etc were all stowed in the drawer under the rear seat.
The adaptor for the wheel locking bolts was with the jack etc. behind the right hand offside boot trim - worth checking before you need to take a wheel off.
Blackrat’s position for the warning triangle is a good one along with torches because you have to walk upstram to put the triangle out. Although I keep yellow vests and reflective jackets closer to hand in the driver’s door and on the back of the seat.
I would be interested to know where people keep their awning handle. I have tried several places, none is perfect.
I have stuck my awning handle in the boot bag with the chairs...

Steve B

Awning handle in with the chairs and table or me as well. I keep most stuff in there, in bags, plus I have two plastic 'the range' boxes under the bag which have the portable gas stove, hook up, 3 pin plug adapter, fuses, mallet etc etc in. As a bit of nostalgia, I keep my parents 1950's red tartan travel rug/blanket in the bag, its properly made and does get used when the sun is out.

Grand Tourismo

Awning handle in with the chairs and table or me as well. I keep most stuff in there, in bags, plus I have two plastic 'the range' boxes under the bag which have the portable gas stove, hook up, 3 pin plug adapter, fuses, mallet etc etc in. As a bit of nostalgia, I keep my parents 1950's red tartan travel rug/blanket in the bag, its properly made and does get used when the sun is out.
"Portable gas stove" plus a further two rings in the cab...sounds like dinner is epic at your place Steve!

3 pin plug adapter
Can I ask is this so you can connect the EHU to a standard household socket?

Blackrat

Yep, a 3 pin adapter, readily available on eBay allows you to connect to a household supply.
With our caravan and now the MP I always plug in to my garden socket the day before a trip to make sure the leisure battery is fully charged and to cool the fridge.

Blackrat

"Portable gas stove" plus a further two rings in the cab...sounds like dinner is epic at your place Steve!
We too carry a portable two ring hob but in our case an electric one. You can get them for around £15. As we are mostly on sites with hook up it saves on gas. As I’ve paid for the hook up I use it as much as possible. Also saves your gas supply for when you really need it and means you can cook in the awning or outside when weather permits.

SteveR

....As a bit of nostalgia, I keep my parents 1950's red tartan travel rug/blanket in the bag, its properly made and does get used when the sun is out.
Awesome :) My parents also had a red tartan travel blanket and I just had a flashback of when I was a small lad eating a picnic on it :)

Steve B

Awesome :) My parents also had a red tartan travel blanket and I just had a flashback of when I was a small lad eating a picnic on it :)
Its original use was for my mum to wrap up in when in the Morris Minor on long journeys in the late 50's early 60's - no heater! Then used for family picnics for many years, still in use today. This was in summer 19, so pre Covid, and 4th generation family visiting us and using it chester august 19 v2.jpg

Epigram

Yes, I have been hoisted by my own petard on that one!
I ditched the suspended canvas bag and MB chairs in favour of some Wilkinsons storage boxes and collapsible chairs that are easier to store. The handle goes straight on the floor by the though load. Not so easy to put back if if there is a load of junk in the boot. But hey-ho ! My MP is a rain magnet so the awning rarely gets opened.

Nice pre covid photo by the way. This time last year we were in Italy worrying because we were next to quarantined villages. We returned to “normal” life in UK. A lot has happened in a year.

Last edited: