Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tailgate rack

Marty ling

Hi all .
I have owned an MP. For just over a year and enjoyed many a trip, including the NC500 with extended visit to the outer Hebrides.
during this time it seems to involve lots of fine tuning to work out the best system for us. So far so good now I am considering
a trip to Spain via the Pyrenees and down into portugal. I am looking for a tailgate rack to help with awning and general bulky ltems
that would normally go inside. Merc. No longer do one and I do not really want a tow hitch model. All models I have seen are generall
for VW. Any ideas please nothing too bulky
happy camping
marty

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Bit of a late reply Marty - If you're after a genuine Mercedes one, the part number is A4478901700 it's not cheap...£687+VAT

Marty ling

Bit of a late reply Marty - If you're after a genuine Mercedes one, the part number is A4478901700 it's not cheap...£687+VAT
Hi dog wagon, very grateful for reply, late or not.I have just researched part number and seen the rack, unfortunately this is not compatible with my MC. because of electric tailgate which I suppose does make sense. I think on that basis any make would also create the same proble. I guess my only options would be towbar mounted or get the bus .
many thanks for your help.happy camping
marty

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Hi dog wagon, very grateful for reply, late or not.I have just researched part number and seen the rack, unfortunately this is not compatible with my MC. because of electric tailgate which I suppose does make sense. I think on that basis any make would also create the same proble. I guess my only options would be towbar mounted or get the bus .
many thanks for your help.happy camping
marty
For what it's worth, I have the electric tailgate (72 MP) and will be buying a tailgate rack - either Fiamma or the genuine MB. Its the only option when you tow a boat! But I won't be opening the tailgate with bikes mounted on it to prevent damage. There is a post on here where someone has recoded the key to prevent inadvertent use.

Marty ling

For what it's worth, I have the electric tailgate (72 MP) and will be buying a tailgate rack - either Fiamma or the genuine MB. Its the only option when you tow a boat! But I won't be opening the tailgate with bikes mounted on it to prevent damage. There is a post on here where someone has recoded the key to prevent inadvertent use.
Hi dog wagon, apologies for late response, been away for a couple of days. Many thanks for info.I would have preferred a genuine merc. Rack but they are now unavailable to buy. Rack not really a priority it’s just they do enhance the appearance.priority for me at mo is a solar panel Most places I have enquired at seem to want to avoid M.P. So considering installing myself, although not an electrician, prob will put request to members for help,
thanks for response
marty

A

alistair-irvine

VIP Member
Hi, See my thread on fixing a box to the bike rack if it helps any