Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Software Update

V

Vickim

VIP Member
Just taken my Aug ’21 MP 220, for 1st service and a software update, plus reverse camera would not fold back above number plate.
Merc kept it for 6 days, and found that the module (positioned under the fridge/fuse box panel) needed updating.
This will take a further 4-5 days to come from Germany, and one day to fit and update.
I was told there are 50 Marco’s in this country that need this update. Anyone else had this experience?

I had mine in for 4th time. There was a new firmware update which can only be understood if needed when they plug it into their laptop. Strange they can’t just tell you via the app or something

DPS20K

Just taken my Aug ’21 MP 220, for 1st service and a software update, plus reverse camera would not fold back above number plate.
Merc kept it for 6 days, and found that the module (positioned under the fridge/fuse box panel) needed updating.
This will take a further 4-5 days to come from Germany, and one day to fit and update.
I was told there are 50 Marco’s in this country that need this update. Anyone else had this experience?
Hi. Was the module being replaced to fix the camera issue or was it for something else? I have a July 2021 MP and haven’t had a module replacement yet. My MP is with Mercedes today for a new roof and for them to look at a power supply issue for all of the camping kit. Just wondering if it could be related to this module.

V

Vickim

VIP Member
Hi. Was the module being replaced to fix the camera issue or was it for something else? I have a July 2021 MP and haven’t had a module replacement yet. My MP is with Mercedes today for a new roof and for them to look at a power supply issue for all of the camping kit. Just wondering if it could be related to this module.
Hi Mercedes say that the module is to do with the electric’s and I have just had an email to say there are none globally and will have to wait until stock comes in.I fine this hard to believe that they don’t know in Germany.

XEG12

My June 2021 MP has been in a couple of times since end of december regarding a recall (aux battery cable) and Mercedes also said upgrade MBAC from generation 1 to generation 2 (it actually went from generation 1 to a pretty blue screen) but while I keep asking if there is anything else they say no, and definitely never mentioned this module you are having replaced. I saw the Mercedes paperwork and nothing like that was listed. Hope it's not a general recall as that could put the kybosh on my birthday trip (Mercedes appear to have no spares for many MP parts and parts then take weeks to be available)

V

Vickim

VIP Member
Hi
Where do you take your MP to be serviced? I will wait until I come from my trip to France & Spain hoping that I have no problems hoping that the module is back in stock when I back back but strange that your dealer knows nothing about it!