Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Social Distancing in a Marco Polo !

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
With the current uncertainties in the world re COVID - 19, my mind wandered onto whether or not it was possible to maintain the 2 metres recommended for social distancing whilst in a Marco Polo (call me sad if you want !).

Firstly let me say I have no knowledge on how germs / viruses are transmitted, or in the science behind airflow and so you will need to make up your own mind as to whether what follows meets with your needs.

By removing the bed extension and therefore moving the back seat back so that the headrests were close (but not touching) the overhead locker I was able to achieve a distance of greater than 2m when measured from the back seat, near side head restraint to the same point on the drivers head restraint, thus giving the recommended distance for maintaining the safe distance for social distancing !

The next thing to consider is how people get into the Marco Polo whilst still maintaining the distancing. If the rear seat passenger gets in first through the side habitation door and gets settled, the door can then be closed electronically by the remote (thus avoiding unnecessary contact with surfaces). Once closed the driver can get in. If ventilation is required, then by using the front near side window and the rear offside side window (all of which can be controlled via the switches by the driver) a potential wind flow can be achieved between the 2 occupants.

To exit the vehicle, the driver gets out first and then the passenger, again using the remote control of the habitation door.

See pictures below:

I don’t know if this will help anyone. If it does, then it has been worthwhile playing around in my MP !! In the meantime I wish everybody all the best for the coming weeks and months, and I like many I’m sure are looking forward to the restrictions being lifted and going out again in the Marco Polo !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk