Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slide out tray for rear

Slimnrp

Hi, our first week long trip of 2023 has resulted in the realisation that general storage trumps the table and chairs.
Has anyone managed to find a good rear sliding tray storage system for the MP that is available in the UK. I see one from a German supplier but they don't ship outside the EU :(

TIA
Nigel and Ann

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi

I have a slide out tray from 1sternehotel and it is the best modification I have made to our MP. It makes a two week trip so much easier with room for everything we need. I have bought from 1sternehotel many times and their service and delivery to the UK has been great, just days.

You can find the tray here,

I load mine with 5 front runner cub boxes which slide under the bed frame with about 10mm to spare but maximise the space on the tray.

Final point to make is you don’t need to lose the table and chairs. 1sternehotel also provide a tub that sits into the bed frame above your sliding tray. I swapped out the MP chairs with the compact folding front runner chairs and they slide into the tub very well.

All pictures are on their site.

I hope this is useful to you, I find packing the MP to be an art that is never finished. I’d welcome any other ideas that are out there.

Thanks, Michael.

Paxtonend

Hi

I have a slide out tray from 1sternehotel and it is the best modification I have made to our MP. It makes a two week trip so much easier with room for everything we need. I have bought from 1sternehotel many times and their service and delivery to the UK has been great, just days.

You can find the tray here,

I load mine with 5 front runner cub boxes which slide under the bed frame with about 10mm to spare but maximise the space on the tray.

Final point to make is you don’t need to lose the table and chairs. 1sternehotel also provide a tub that sits into the bed frame above your sliding tray. I swapped out the MP chairs with the compact folding front runner chairs and they slide into the tub very well.

All pictures are on their site.

I hope this is useful to you, I find packing the MP to be an art that is never finished. I’d welcome any other ideas that are out there.

Thanks, Michael.
How do the slide rails fix? Do you have to drill the van?

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi

No drilling. They simply screw into the rails on the floor. It is very easy to fit and takes no more than an hour.

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi, the total cost for the sliding tray, the fixed tray under the table, 5 front runner cub boxes and two chairs was about £1100. Expensive but probably the best modification I have made.

Andofire

Hi, the total cost for the sliding tray, the fixed tray under the table, 5 front runner cub boxes and two chairs was about £1100. Expensive but probably the best modification I have made.
Good morning thanks for your response. Could you either post a photo or perhaps send me some?. [email protected] many thanks

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi. Hopefully these help. The first one is with the tray closed and the second is open. You can see two chairs in the top tray just under the table. Five boxes in total with the back two running across. I also keep my sunshade for the awning I’m the small gap that is between the two rows.

Attachments

• EEC97C5C-9978-48D9-A633-64201B6558D1.jpeg
    EEC97C5C-9978-48D9-A633-64201B6558D1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 304DB502-0449-49DF-BC81-63B0BAC60B73.jpeg
    304DB502-0449-49DF-BC81-63B0BAC60B73.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104

Andofire

Hi. Hopefully these help. The first one is with the tray closed and the second is open. You can see two chairs in the top tray just under the table. Five boxes in total with the back two running across. I also keep my sunshade for the awning I’m the small gap that is between the two rows.
Thanks very much for this, spot on. Just out of interest, on closer inspection what are the two grey fabric units with zips? where did you get those from? All looks great thanks

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi. That is made by Vanessa and fits in the window space. It is a single unit that has an upper and lower section and fits snug so it doesn’t come out. We store clothes in it so not too much weight. You can find it at Campervantastic but there are a number of outlets that sell it.

Andofire

Hi

Product Dimensions:
L 440mm (17.3") x W 315mm (12.4") x H 210mm (8.3")

More information can be found at:

Just to be clear, the sliding tray only fits five of these boxes with three in portrait and two in landscape.
For anyone watching this tread, I have been ordering the units via the German company. Stupidly I didn't read the options that Mr Oslo so kindly showed.. The 5 boxes are CUB boxes. The ones Stern hotel sell are the WOLF ones, bigger and you can only fit 3 in... the German customer services were les than helpful.. through google translate we had a little bit of sense of humour failure.... opps. Anyway, all looks good, thanks for the photos most excellent

Tobo

Warning !
I ordered the slide out shelf, frame tray and 5 folding boxes from 1sternhotel.
Ordering was easy and items shipped promptly, however I have had to pay around £200 in various Customs duties before the UK delivery.
So be aware that charges will apply if you purchase and import goods.

Some items e.g. storage boxes may be available in the UK so best to look locally first.

Tobo

Update; regardless of the cost it is a great improvement on the standard hanging bag, here are some pics;

Attachments

• 20230626_195113.jpg
    20230626_195113.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230626_195230.jpg
    20230626_195230.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230626_195022.jpg
    20230626_195022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48