Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side Step / Running Boards for the MP

KDM

Good Day All from Camisano Vicentino, Italy. We were talking to our local dealership yesterday while being checked out in regard to the mattress recall and sure enough they have to replace our mattress. To make the visit more value added we inquired about front and rear mud flaps and running boards. I hit a puddle the other day and the water was rusty! Sprayed half the length of the vehicle (2 days after washing and detailing, argh). Mud flaps, easy day, they are on order. Shop will let us know when both are in to save a trip. The parts guy is very user friendly, researched the side step or running boards and found none specified to fit the MP. The only vehicle on the lot with them installed were the new Merc pickup trucks. Online I'm seeing a variety for all three lengths of the Vito Van. Does this not have the same chassis? I've crawled under our MP and it is the most complex looking underside of any vehicle I've seen and I wouldn't want to damage the vehicle or otherwise void the warranty, but I'm a 61-year old former Para with not the best knees and have two aging German Shepherds that we like to haul around, so the running boards definitely have utility for us not just looks. After market website stated:

The Mercedes Vito has 3 lengths - Compact, Long & Extra Long. Please view the image attached to help identify which length of Vito you have.
Please select your size option from the drop down menu below.
Fitment:
Mercedes Vito W639 2003 - 2010
Mercedes Vito W639 2010 - 2014
Mercedes Vito W447 2014 onwards (KDM: this could work for our 2018 MC?)
Will not fit models with rear air conditioning (KDM: this gives me pause)

Cheers all, KDM

SteveR

Hi KDM - I had also spent some time researching running board / sidebar options with similar results to you. It seems that there are some after market options out there but there is also confusion with three different wheelbases plus v-class, viano and vito etc, so I parked it for a while.
For me, it was about some form of protection against car park damage and a little bit of aesthetics too rather than an aid to getting in and out of the van. I used to own an M class with running boards and nobody, ever, used them to get in!
I'd be keen to hear of anyone who has successfully fitted some

Cheers
Steve

Reactions: KDM

Method7

@KDM Do you have a 2018 AMG MP, I think the running boards might be complicated further because I believe that model also has the sides skirts.. they seem to have been dropped in the later models but it’s worth checking. The MP is Loosely based on the Long chassis of the W447 but what with all the water containers and heaters under there it’s quite a different beast. The mounting points may well be already occupied?

Reactions: KDM

KDM

@KDM Do you have a 2018 AMG MP, I think the running boards might be complicated further because I believe that model also has the sides skirts.. they seem to have been dropped in the later models but it’s worth checking. The MP is Loosely based on the Long chassis of the W447 but what with all the water containers and heaters under there it’s quite a different beast. The mounting points may well be already occupied?
Hello SteveR and Method7, based on what I've researched and your input it's sounding like the vehicle, yes a 2018 AMG MP, with underskirt likely cannot be fitted with running boards. They would be nice to have, but not a must. Thanks for the feedback, KDM