Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safety net for upstairs bed

Hi all

We have owned our MP for 2 months and used a few times. We bought our van as a demo but a few things were missing, the safety net for the top bed being one.

Having just received the net, I was wondering whether you are able to leave the safety net in place when you shut the roof or have to remove it each time?

Thanks

WILLH

My net went up in the loft soon after I arrived home in the van for the first time

WILLH

If my children were still small I would not trust the net to prevent them falling whilst playing upstairs - some kids play a bit rough!

It’s a fairly useless accessory in my humble opinion.

I have 2 children, 5 and 7 who sleep up top. They aren't massive wrigglers and have already slept with heads down the small end for several nights without issues. They understandably want to turn around so hope the net will act as a barrier if needed

Anton

Hey there, for those of you who don't use the safety net; anyone interesting in selling it? We have a baby who just learned to crawl so we need the net when she's sleeping between us.

If not selling, do you know if the one for the VW California has the same mounts?

Gazthediver

Hey there, for those of you who don't use the safety net; anyone interesting in selling it? We have a baby who just learned to crawl so we need the net when she's sleeping between us.

If not selling, do you know if the one for the VW California has the same mounts?
I am sure there is one for sale on eBay

Method7

We fitted our net, a couple of the poppers came straight off during fitting to the bed, currently waiting for a replacement bed under warrantee we leave the net up there. Our kids are 4 and 9 but no one has slept up there yet. They probably won’t until we get the mattress replaced under the recall.

So basically MB will be replacing just about everything Westfalia did to our horizon since the rear curtain rail and boot lid trim is also being replaced and we are currently under the roof blisters issue progressing a claim there.

Did someone say quality?

Method7

Hmm I don’t envy you. We did that using a trailer tent and Lola decided to crawl, fell off the edge and ended up cocooned in the zip up screen about 6 inches of the floor. It was dark and you can imagine the chaos that followed. Looking back, not for her she was fine, quite happy but we were all over the shop, LOL.

Gazthediver

Couldn’t find any, can you share a direct item link perhaps?
It’s still for sale on eBay genuine Mercedes Marco Polo bed mesh guard , item number is 323830881711 , price buy now £50 , sorry cant post a link as I only have a iPad

Robin Cattermole

Hi all

We have owned our MP for 2 months and used a few times. We bought our van as a demo but a few things were missing, the safety net for the top bed being one.

Having just received the net, I was wondering whether you are able to leave the safety net in place when you shut the roof or have to remove it each time?

Thanks
Yes ... fold a treat when the roof comes down but we detach it from the roof first and make sure it is
Hi all

Thanks
we manage to fold the roof with the net in place. You just need to unhook a couple of the straps first and make sure it is lying tidily.

APL46

We bought our MP approved used from MB and didn't have the safety net when we bought the vehicle ( I guess the previous owner ditched it). We don't have young children. I did though lose my pillow when I first slept in the upper bed. What I did was made up 2 x lengths of 6 mm bungee cord with hooks either end that clip on the lugs on the bed frame and the straps from the roof, forming a diagonal cross. This stops the pillows falling off and is easy to remove for access or simply stretch the cords out of the way when getting up and down.

Anton

Yeah, looks like we are going to make our own eventually. Thinking to use some storage/luggage net and a baby-safe way to attach it. Our net needs to go all the way to the top as well so she doesn’t crawl over it.

MrsQ

We fitted our net, a couple of the poppers came straight off during fitting to the bed, currently waiting for a replacement bed under warrantee we leave the net up there. Our kids are 4 and 9 but no one has slept up there yet. They probably won’t until we get the mattress replaced under the recall.

So basically MB will be replacing just about everything Westfalia did to our horizon since the rear curtain rail and boot lid trim is also being replaced and we are currently under the roof blisters issue progressing a claim there.

Did someone say quality?
We've just fitted ours and 3 poppers have popped straight off from the frame side! We have not used our Horizon yet as was bought just before the lockdown. Did they replace yours and if so was it worth it? Seems like it will happen again.

Method7

We've just fitted ours and 3 poppers have popped straight off from the frame side! We have not used our Horizon yet as was bought just before the lockdown. Did they replace yours and if so was it worth it? Seems like it will happen again.
We took it back to MB and they sorted it out under warranty, No problems since.