Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof rails and bars for MP and Horizon

AGP

Hi all. I am waiting for my new MP Horizon which I am buying unseen as I cannot find a dealer that actually has one. The Mercedes sales people don't know much about them and I suspect that it will not have roof rails. I would like to know whether it can be fitted with them and if so, what sort of weight can the roof take. Will I be able to put a canoe on top? Thanks for any help you can give

pumpsmynads

Good question. It won’t have roof bars.

The California has em and I’ve seen roof boxes on raised roofs before.

Be handy if they could be fitted but I’m afraid I already know the answer.

Spekky

My MP has the rails fitted and the pictures of the horizon in the online brochure look as if they are standard fit as well.

Westfalia make a roofrack (209 €) a Sports equipment carrier-system„Translift“ (496 €) and a kayak adapter (103 €). Not sure of the total price with shipping etc. and you probably don't need the last 2 anyway.

AGP

Thank you very much for this. Really helpful. I will look forward to getting it and will give more feedback then. I find it incredible that Mercedes staff can be so casual about these very expensive cars. They seem to know so little and rely on us wanting them rather than their staff selling them.....

Not exactly local to you, but Mercedes Portsmouth have a black MP Horizon (AMG) in their showroom at the moment. I saw it there on Saturday.