Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road Fund Licence Classification

AndyP12345

Just ordered a MP for delivery next year as pricing offered by MB was so good. Just checking the current RFL classification following the canoe in the budget and the fact that the Order now says the MP is a Special purpose vehicle to be registered as a Camper Van. As result the RFL will be £270 rather that £1850. MB themselves are completely confused on any ,matters MP and don't have a clue. obviously have 6 months to resolve just wondered if any one else who has recently taken delivery can cast any light on this.... I understand there is confusion on VW California as well as DVLA have not updated the Auto system since the March budget

pumpsmynads

It’s no longer included on the over £40k premium tax side of things. From HonestJohn. If you bought between 1 April 2017 - 11 March 2020 then unlucky.

Attachments

• 430019A3-FC76-4654-9C76-B6744D817CE5.png
    430019A3-FC76-4654-9C76-B6744D817CE5.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 41

Toxicdave

Hi. Thought you maybe interested. Our 2018 MP is registered as an MPV on the V5. I have been trying to get it changed with the DVLA but without success even using the recommendations from another member on this site. As a result of my communications, I was asked to take part in a DVLA research project to understand the issues with the classification and descriptors. In summary the DVLA recognise there is a problem with the classification of campervans, like the MP, and is looking to clarify the situation. Seems to me to be an easy change to call them campervans.. but this is a government organisation! At least, there is hope that in the distant future the classification may be more logical .

Marc o Polo

Last edited: