Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement switch for rear bench seat

Happycamper

Apologies I posted prematurely above. Can anybody suggest where to source a replacement switch for the rear bench seat (to control lumbar support and recline function)? Mine keeps dropping out of the front of the seat and hanging down on its wires. The part number appears to be A6396310208 but there’s no sign of that anywhere on eBay or the various parts companies I’ve tried. I just wanted to order one online and have it sent. Plan B is obviously a trip to a Mercedes dealer but it’s a Bank Holiday. Grateful for any suggestions…Happy New Year!

Carol

Apologies I posted prematurely above. Can anybody suggest where to source a replacement switch for the rear bench seat (to control lumbar support and recline function)? Mine keeps dropping out of the front of the seat and hanging down on its wires. The part number appears to be A6396310208 but there’s no sign of that anywhere on eBay or the various parts companies I’ve tried. I just wanted to order one online and have it sent. Plan B is obviously a trip to a Mercedes dealer but it’s a Bank Holiday. Grateful for any suggestions…Happy New Year!
I got a new switch fitted under warranty , so if still in warranty go for it

Have the same problem.
Having read your post and the replies I have contacted My Life Marco Polo and have ordered a switch.
Order accepted and paid through PayPal and hopefully will soon be winging its way to me.
Have had problem for some time and yes, tried to glue it but not a successful/permanent fix.
Will report back as and when.
Thanks to all concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happycamper

I’ve just found out it’s actually only the switch surround that needs replacing. Press top and bottom of the disconnected switch units and they easily pop out of the surround. I can’t get through to Mercedes parts people in London but my brother-in-law was quoted £3.99 by a dealer in Lancashire. If so that’s a really cheap fix for an annoying problem.
image.jpg

I tried that solution but the dealerships (I tried several) would not entertain the idea of suppling ‘only’ the surround hence my joy and immediate response re Marco Polo my life.
If you can get ‘only’ a surround, order 2 and keep 1 as a spare as it will probably happen again.

Happycamper

Have the same problem.
Having read your post and the replies I have contacted My Life Marco Polo and have ordered a switch.
Order accepted and paid through PayPal and hopefully will soon be winging its way to me.
Have had problem for some time and yes, tried to glue it but not a successful/permanent fix.
Will report back as and when.
Thanks to all concerned.

I’m surprised they’ve accepted your order (presuming you’re in the UK) as my enquiry elicited this response:
Hello!

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, since Great Britain left the EU, we can no longer deliver to Great Britain, as customs clearance etc. has become too cumbersome and complicated.
It is the same with Switzerland, for example.

We ask for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Yvonne Hoffmann-Marcath

Epigram

I’m surprised they’ve accepted your order (presuming you’re in the UK) as my enquiry elicited this response:
Hello!

Unfortunately, since Great Britain left the EU, we can no longer deliver to Great Britain, as customs clearance etc. has become too cumbersome and complicated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Yvonne Hoffmann-Marcath
Sadly, since January 2021 many EU suppliers are no longer interested in delivering to Britain.
With ski and cycling equipment supplied in EU that we want we have found it is easier and cheaper to have it sent to friends in France.. We then pick them up to use them when we are next on holiday.
Bit of a bugger if the stuff doesn’t fit but we have been lucky so far.

BTW that bezel is amazingly cheap for an MB part. I accidentally dropped the rear bed support from its uppermost postion. It broke the small plastic knob to release the rear bed support. MB parts wanted to charge about £30 but luckily agreed to replace i under warranty.
Be warned, its easy to do if you have your hands full and the splines on the plastic knob will strip.
Be warned. If you drop the rear bed from its uppermost height rather than lowering it, it will break!

Webbah

Hello!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Yvonne Hoffmann-Marcath
This is really unfortunate! They sell some super cool stuff for MP's. Apologies for the confusion!

Happycamper

Happy to report I’ve ordered replacement switch surround from MB Colindale (very helpful and friendly parts dept.) for a mere £3.90, so no need to source from Germany. Case closed.

TMC

Good news. I'm in the same boat as Happycamper and having less luck trying to source a back box from MFT. I cant find a UK supplier (anyone knows one please let me know) and got the following response directly from the German supplier

due to Brexit our customers in UK were having a lot of problems with UK customs service, that's why we canceled shipping to your island.

Sorry for that...

Hmm....

Webbah

Good news. I'm in the same boat as Happycamper and having less luck trying to source a back box from MFT. I cant find a UK supplier (anyone knows one please let me know) and got the following response directly from the German supplier

due to Brexit our customers in UK were having a lot of problems with UK customs service, that's why we canceled shipping to your island.

Sorry for that...

Hmm....
Ouch, man that sucks! We are in a similar situation here in Switzerland, but being close to Germany we have some options. For the MFT box I bought mine locally at this shop. Perhaps they can ship? (EDIT, they won't ship to the UK. Only Switzerland and Lichtenstein) http://www.dachbox.ch

We also use a service called http://www.meineinkauf.ch

It gives us an address in Germany to ship to, and then they forward the parcel on to us in Switzerland. Sounds like a business opportunity for someone in the UK to set this up somewhere in the EU!

Drazil

Mine kept breaking. For anyone that needs a seat switch surround only the part numbwr is in the pic and merc usually keep them in stock as they are used in multiple vehicles. Price circa 3.80

part number a6396310208 7C45

Attachments

• IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8366.jpeg
    IMG_8366.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8367.jpeg
    IMG_8367.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Drazil

Also note when installing there is an up and down position as the lugs are different on the top and bottom

Steve B

Good to know this, one of mine has come out a couple of times, so expect to be replacing the surround sometime soon!