Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remote controls..

Mat-One-T

Hi All,

I'm about to pick up a second hand MP, and haven't been able to see it first. I know this is potentially foolish, but it has an extended Mercedes warranty, and has 'never been slept in', so I'm optimistic that everything will be OK. I'm meeting the seller part-way with my car to exchange, so I can back out if I need to.

The seller has advertised that it has the factory fitted aux water heater, and aux air heater. I asked the seller about remote controls for these, and he didn't seem to know much about them. It's possible they're still in the plastic wrapping in the glovebox, as he and his wife only used it as a 'runaround'.

Question is: Did these options come with remotes, or were the remotes an extra? From what I've found in the original brochure it looks like there should be remotes, but just wondering if anyone out there knows for sure.

Thanks, Mat.

KimTh

How old is the car? For ours (2020) remotes where an option/extra and we use the app / bluetooth instead.

Mat-One-T

It's a 67 plate, Sept 2017.. The brochure listing has two codes per option (water heater is H12 + HY1, air heater is HZ1 + HY2), and some internet searches imply the second part of the code is a remote. Just wondering, it wouldn't be a deal breaker..

Mat-One-T

Mystery solved for one of the remotes, it was still in the owners book wallet in the original plastic bag..!

Attachments

• IMG_7180 (1).jpg
    IMG_7180 (1).jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 12

Steve B

Thats for the 'water heater', that runs off the engine. The air heater is a cheap plastic looking remote.

Mat-One-T

Conclusion: I've now got the build sheet for the MP, and the HY2 option is not listed, so no remote for the auxiliary air heater. Thanks once again for all your replies.