Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattle

WillC

My 21 plate has a rattle that seems to be coming from the roof, passenger side, driving me mad can't find the source, just wondered if anyone else has experience this.

adriandh

My 21 plate has a rattle that seems to be coming from the roof, passenger side, driving me mad can't find the source, just wondered if anyone else has experience this.
Do you have an awning? If so, then ensure that it is closed tight.

Steve B

@WillC Just read this, had posted on another thread.

After my roof was replaced we didn't use the MP much as lockdown was in full force but we started to use it again more recently. We have a vibration/rattle from the roof area passenger side, I have sat in the back and discounted draws/cupboards/table/blinds. It has spent two days at a dealers, who agree there is a rattle that is not from the kitchen but can't pinpoint it. Its going back in again, so can't help with a cause & solution yet

Webbah

Rule #1 in finding rattles is to remove everything out of the van. Empty the glove box, and all door pockets, etc. If that fails I resort to a kit I have purchased for troubleshooting suspension noises which includes 4 mountable microphones and a remote console to switch between and listen to them. I can't stand rattles either.

Steve B

Got our MP back from the dealers after a few days in for the rattle fix. They found it, or them, as it was 1) the hinges that connect the roof to the body had not been tightened on one side, so was flexing. I think it was where they connect to the body or roof rather than the hinge itself. I'll look when the roof next goes up. 2) The small removable panel next to the under seat draw had a loose clip, this was adjusted and padded with felt. It is now a lot quieter in the back.

WillC

Got our MP back from the dealers after a few days in for the rattle fix. They found it, or them, as it was 1) the hinges that connect the roof to the body had not been tightened on one side, so was flexing. I think it was where they connect to the body or roof rather than the hinge itself. I'll look when the roof next goes up. 2) The small removable panel next to the under seat draw had a loose clip, this was adjusted and padded with felt. It is now a lot quieter in the back.
Thanks for this info, got a feeling this might be same with my MP, it's on front passenger side of roof. If you do happen to open the roof and can see where it was, a photo would be really appreciated. Cheers

Carol

Thanks for this . Our rattle was the small panel next to drawer under rear seat . Emptied cupboards drawers etc ,before it was found