Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Projector in your MP?

alltorque

Has anyone tried a mini projector in their MP for watching TV and films? With some friends I've been looking at a few on the market in the £150-£550 range and tested them in a Marco Polo. Worked really well, even without a screen and just projecting on to the bed underside, pop-top canvas or side blind! Have a read of my thoughts here.

IMG-20200918-WA0009.jpg

SteveR

Looks impressive
Although I guess the whole of the campsite get to see what you are watching?

alltorque

Not necessarily Steve - if you watch some of the videos in the post you can see that you can also project onto the underside of the bed and watch from the front seats - this wouldn't be visible from outside. Alternatively you can project sideways onto the door window blind (or hang up a sheet or something). As a last resort you can always buy a roll-up screen. The projectors are mightily good, but not cheap admittedly!

SteveR

Impressed with the quality. I looked at a very small projector a couple of years back that was very portable but the picture wasn't great so parked it

Steve B

The quality looks great, ive got an old school DVD player, must admit its getting frustrating that it just plays dvd's, can't add a speaker and the screen seems smaller everytime I use it. That said I've got loads of DVD's and no player in the house anymore!

Angus

sound is laggy on the MB bluetooth if it's a live stream so we just use a little sound box that lives in the van. But if you have pre recorded you can set the little LG projector to lag the images to match the audio.

Angus

LG CineBeam PF50KS Projector (Full HD 1920 x 1080, Battery, 600 lumen, LED, Portable, HDMI, USB-C, USB), White [Energy Class B]​

it will do about 2 hours on its internal battery if you are away from the van