Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof alarm won’t stop.

GaryF

Just tried to have a 2018 MP delivered from MB dealer but they were unable to get the alarm
to stop for the pop up lid. The control panel was showing closed when the roof was fully open and operated
normally. They replaced the roof sensors but problem remained, alarm stays on for 7 mins then stops for 7 mins
then starts again.
Anyone had a similar experience?
Solution or remedy?

Steve B

Hi and welcome - there have been quite a few posts about the roof alarm, in various stages of up/down. If the battery is OK and items like the fridge are working, it is usually the sensors. Have a look through 'search', there might be something there.

GaryF

Hi Steve, thanks for the response. Dealer replaced both batteries and then sensors and im wondering if the control panel may be the issue as it shows closed when the roof is fully extended.

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
Hi Steve, thanks for the response. Dealer replaced both batteries and then sensors and im wondering if the control panel may be the issue as it shows closed when the roof is fully extended.
hi gary had all these problems new control panel fixed it regards ian

GaryF

Vehicle been with dealer three weeks now, sensors, control panel replaced, wiring checked now Roof Control Unit being replaced tomorrow.
what is correlation with these issues and the fridge I see being mentioned?

are they sensors or micro switches ? I can only see a micro switch on either side, one of which I have had to wedge closed to stop the horrible high pitch tone when driving !

Just tried to have a 2018 MP delivered from MB dealer but they were unable to get the alarm
to stop for the pop up lid. The control panel was showing closed when the roof was fully open and operated
normally. They replaced the roof sensors but problem remained, alarm stays on for 7 mins then stops for 7 mins
then starts again.
Anyone had a similar experience?
Solution or remedy?
Merc Whitefield (Andy the Technician) sorted mine out this morning worth booking in there if you are in the area !