Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plastic cover over the fresh water/power outlet....

Jamboree

So I just recently received my MP.
I drove it around town and even to a few neighboring towns --- all good.

Then, just this past few weeks I started on a very long journey and wouldn't ya know it - the plastic cover over the fresh water/power outlet opens up while I'm driving the highway/motorway. I pull the car over and "latch" it back down. I drive another xxx miles and it does the same thing. after about 10times doing this I finally TAPE it down. The tape worked, however I have a white-ish color and the tape was a bright blue tape and my now awesome looking MB looks a bit cheesy.

Few questions:
1) is this normal
2) Is it replace-able
3) Is there a smarter way to "latch" it down
4) What's the damage if I just let it flop in the wind (I can't imagine myself allowing that - but what if I did)

Mine has two latches about 3 inches apart and it holds down well even at UK motorway speeds 70mph. However they may wear in time and become loose. This happened on my old caravan and I glued a couple of button magnets on the base and the flap and it held it perfect for a good few years!

Jamboree

Mine has two latches about 3 inches apart and it holds down well even at UK motorway speeds 70mph. However they may wear in time and become loose. This happened on my old caravan and I glued a couple of button magnets on the base and the flap and it held it perfect for a good few years!
Thanks - that's a great idea. my blue tape makes me laugh/cringe every time I see it.

Dundry

I would check that you have pushed it in properly. When I had mine new I thought I hade closed it but had the same problem. I have to give each side a good press and then the latches engage and its held fast. I would check that before gluing.

Steve B

I would check that you have pushed it in properly. When I had mine new I thought I hade closed it but had the same problem. I have to give each side a good press and then the latches engage and its held fast. I would check that before gluing.
I have had the same issue but it just needed clipping in firmly at both sides, I've had no issues since

Steve B

I've done the pushing thing, and pushed it again, and even again. Same issue. And believe me - I do NOT want that tape on my vehicle.
Sounds like yours is broken as it should clip in with ease, and you can tell it’s secure. Back to the dealer?

Robert May

I've had mine replaced under warranty and the replacement is doing the same thing.... on sunny days when the cover has been in direct sunlight and got itself hot.

Jamboree

I've had mine replaced under warranty and the replacement is doing the same thing.... on sunny days when the cover has been in direct sunlight and got itself hot.
Thanks - this makes sense. I took the tape off on a drive yesterday and it stay'd "on" the entire trip. I guess I'll just have to watch it and tape it when it's needed.