Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phone connection

Phthalo

Hi all

Has anyone had problems with iPhone connection? While I was playing a new cd my sat nav screen went into hieroglyphics, then into "unable to read disc" and then carried as if nothing had happened.
I thought no more about it until I tried to use my phone. When I tried to make a call there were no "calls made" list or "contacts" list. I have re connected it, rebooted it, spoke harsh words to it, but to no avail.
As a last resort I took it to my local MB dealership. After having my MP for a day they told me that until MB bring out another update, this is how my phone connection will be. They did mention that some of it was my fault for updating my phone, silly me. I requested that one of the service department try to connect their phone to my MP, and that was the same.
Not having had this problem with any other car before, does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Roy C

I updated my iphone 6s to the latest version of iOS that came out a couple of weeks ago and it all works as before with no issues.

Roy C

I just checked and there is a new update out iOS 12.0.1. It may be worth installing this since it mentions an issue with bluetooth connection is fixed.

Phthalo

Hi Roy C,

Thanks for your reply.

I have an iPhone 6 on version 12.0.1 but it still does not work. I think there is a software fault with the command module but MB seem reluctant to admit it or sort it out.

My MP has been back to them three times for recalls, updates and now back for this. My worst experience with any manufacturer.

Thank for trying to help.

Phthalo

Thanks for your information RFT.

I took my MP to local MB dealer on 12/10/18 they rang me on 19/10/18 and told me that they have done an update but as yet I have not got my MP back.

Is it just Ashford Lookers dealership that is so bad or is it general across the U.K. Once I convinced them that MB actually made a MP, they seemed, what I can only describe as almost unsure of doing work on it.

I do not think that there is any chance of them being head hunted for MB F1 team anytime in the future!!

Paul Merritt

It seems that most MB retail outlets do not have a clue when it comes to the MP, some thing that has just come to me as I read posts is how do they do the pre delivery inspection as they seem to have no or little knowledge on the MP.

GeorgeG

It seems that most MB retail outlets do not have a clue when it comes to the MP, some thing that has just come to me as I read posts is how do they do the pre delivery inspection as they seem to have no or little knowledge on the MP.

During my handover the salesman said that as far as he was concerned I knew far more about the MP than he did! My general knowledge of camper vans comes from owning 2 previously (California and Westfalia Columbus), but my knowledge of the MP at the time of the handover came entirely from this forum.

I don’t think Mercedes dealers are alone in respect of lack of product knowledge. In over 40 years of buying cars I have not found much improvement amongst dealers - in fact I think they’ve got worse. On the other hand, people on the technical side seem to be pretty competent- at least they are at my local Merc workshop.

Incidentally, when I viewed a new California at a VW Van Centre in my area, I asked the Sales Manager about the 230v AC inverter. I received a blank stare and then was told the California didn’t have an inverter. As I was looking over the Cali, he spent the next 5 minutes rifling through a brochure and eventually informed me, to his surprise, that the Cali did indeed have an inverter. And he was the ‘Sales Controller’ - give me strength!

GeorgeG

Coincidentally, the headline in today’s Honest John column in the Telegraph reads: “A lot of car salesmen don’t know what they are talking about”

Coincidentally, the headline in today’s Honest John column in the Telegraph reads: “A lot of car salesmen don’t know what they are talking about”
Change "alot" to "most" and that would be a more accurate article! MB seem to be particularly bad though, from personal experience. I wonder if the arrogant attitude is week one of their training course?!