Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Optional extras

PaulE

I'd be grateful for any views on the various optional extras that are available. Awning seems like a good thing to add on. Not sure on any others though. Thanks,

Roy C

Warm air heater. Very expensive but extends the season you can use the van and will help residuals since a lot of people look for it especially if coming from a VW Cali Ocean. Even with this option box ticked the total van cost will be cheaper than an equivalent spec Cali. Best thing - lying in a snug bed and turning it on remotely so it’s nice and toasty when you eventually emerge from your sleeping bag or duvalay.

Last edited:

Dundry

Tow bar if you have bikes as can attach a tow bar mounted rack which are much better than the ones you mount on the boot. Its detachable so doesn't spoil the aesthetics if you don't use it and again, should be good for residual value. I also specced the warm heater and the auxiliary heater. I am not convinced the aux heater was necessary but have only had it since April so may be useful in the winter especially as I can switch in on with the Mercedes Me app on the I-phone. The awning was my final option, also well worth it.

Dundry

Maybe not the fifth seat - sounds like people who have that took it out on day one and left it in the garage!

WILLH

I put every option on my MP except the 5th seat(only 3 of us in family),and the driver assistance package.Whilst I respect the technology behind the driver assistance pack,my experience with other Mercs I’ve had with it has shown that the little blind spot lights can be distracting especially at night and the adaptive cruise control leaves too big a gap to the vehicle in front even on its highest setting,so,in the U.K. at least,other impatient drivers pull into the gap which then slows you down while it creates another gap for another impatient driver to pull into!For me personally this frustrates the hell out of me!I can see this feature coming into its own on the continent but for me at least it wasn’t something I needed.I can also see the pack being of use if you are coming to the MP having only driven a car for extra reasssurance/confidence but as an ex HGV driver the MP is a small vehicle to me so not needed.The 360 cameras are a no brainier-they are brilliant and great value,the towbar a reasonable cost option too as I would imagine to fit it afterwards would be a bit of a faff,plus the towing limit is increased with the factory option.I am disappointed with COMAND that with the high extra cost of it that there is no DAB or TV function-I would not spec it again,and as my MP is going to predominantly used in the summer months I would not bother with the air heater if I was ordering again-the water heater I have found much more usable(surprisingly)

Katie

In my view, the auxiliary warm air heater is a must. We’ve used ours a lot, even in the spring, and if you don’t intend to keep your mp forever, it will really help with selling it. Although you can use a small electric heater if you are on hook up, it’s lovely to be warm when you come back to the van after a walk to eat your toasties and sit and admire the view.

mptripsaway

In my view, the auxiliary warm air heater is a must. We’ve used ours a lot, even in the spring, and if you don’t intend to keep your mp forever, it will really help with selling it. Although you can use a small electric heater if you are on hook up, it’s lovely to be warm when you come back to the van after a walk to eat your toasties and sit and admire the view.

Not sure that air heater is any different to other options when it comes to selling on and considering it is possible to get an after market one fitted anytime, it is whats important to the buyer, comand or 19" alloys for example, all are individual choices. IMO and for my purposes the aux water heater is the right choice.

WILLH

I have both heaters,having mistakenly ordered the water one thinking it heated the water...(as opposed to engine coolant)!

The functionality of the water heater suits my vehicle usage better-I’ve turned it on quite a few times this last cold winter via the app to the van is nice and toasty when I get in.I have not used the air heater other than to test it is working.

I also ordered some extras not in the brochure-2 additional keys(which actually turned out to be one extra key as apparently the spare key is included as one of the additional ones),and also additional rear heat exchanger.Ive not experienced a MP without the additional exchanger but mine warms up ultra quick from cold in the front and back.

Katie

Paul
As you can see from the above responses, there is no must have extra that everyone would want. Regarding the camping side of things, think about how you will use the vehicle - on campsites or wild camping, with full size awning if you need more space, will you camp in the colder months of the year or just the summer? Some of the options are more cosmetic so purely down to personal taste; others, some people would find helpful but others not.
Even if you did not go for any of the options, the mp is so well speccd you will have yourself a fantastic vehicle for day to day driving and camping.
All the best and let us know what you finally go for.

PaulE

That's for all the responses - it really is a help, particularly as the dealers themselves (at least those that I've spoken to) seem to have quite limited knowledge when it comes to the MP. Last one (for now at least): what about V220 vs V250? Thanks, Paul

Dundry

I went for the 250. Some reports I read said the 220 was underpowered and I may want to use it to tow in the future (if I can ever afford to buy the boat I want!). The 250 has plenty of power though so the 220 is likely to be good too.

Roy C

That's for all the responses - it really is a help, particularly as the dealers themselves (at least those that I've spoken to) seem to have quite limited knowledge when it comes to the MP. Last one (for now at least): what about V220 vs V250? Thanks, Paul
I test drove the 220 and took it up a long steep hill near to me and whilst it was fine I felt I needed a bit more oomph so I went for the 250 and it is plenty powerful enough to tackle steep hills whilst fully laden.

Israel

I went for the 250. Some reports I read said the 220 was underpowered and I may want to use it to tow in the future (if I can ever afford to buy the boat I want!). The 250 has plenty of power though so the 220 is likely to be good too.
With a boat or horses, I would go with the 250d. Otherwise 220d should be more than enough for the majority of us.
I have 250d and I , personally, do not get the most of it (wife on board ;-) )

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the electric rear window option offers please? Is there a disadvantage to having this? It is a no-cost option so on the face of it, it seems a no-brainer.
Thanks!

Israel

Does anyone know what the electric rear window option offers please? Is there a disadvantage to having this? It is a no-cost option so on the face of it, it seems a no-brainer.
Thanks!
Opens the rear right window about 10cm. I never use it but, as you say, no brain if it's free.

Opens the rear right window about 10cm. I never use it but, as you say, no brain if it's free.

Ok, thanks. Might be nice to have open at night. I guess nothing is lost in having it, apart from a chrome trim strip, according to the brochure. I am sat outside my local Mercedes dealership, about to order!

Katie

I didn’t order this option but my window opens electrically anyway - about 10cm as Israel said
Very useful for ventilation and insects don’t seem to come in
I don’t know if what I got was standard and the electric window is a wind down one?