Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No leisure electrics except when engine running

tombr

Our leisure electrics, i.e. all the Marco Polo stuff like fridge, rear compartment lights (when doors closed), under-cupboard lights, and the Westfalia central control panel have all lost power when the engine is off. When the engine is running everything is working, although I haven't tried putting the roof up with the engine running yet, but that's not great for going camping!

I'm not certain but most likely this is due to spilling some liquid down the central console :-( so maybe a fuse has blown. I've tested the fuses under the fridge, as well as those under the co-driver seat (it's right-hand drive). I've also tried hooking up to mains for a few hours in case the leisure battery is flat but still no luck.

Can anyone think of anything that might cause this?

SteveR

Hello and welcome.
Was everything working previously? The reason I ask is that the dealer should fit the large (I think it's a 40 amp if memory serves) fuse under the left hand seat but there has been a number of cases (mine included) where this wasn't fitted so none of the habitation stuff worked. My fuse was in the glove box.

tombr

Thanks SteveR. Yes, everything has been working fine for a couple of years. I've got it booked into the MB dealer in a couple of weeks but they tend to struggle with the Marco Polo side of things so I was hoping to get a head start and narrow it down a little (especially since we're going camping a couple of weeks after that – currently we'll be using a tent which sucks!).

Simon C

Hi
Saw
This thread and there are several other threads around this subject.
We have just had a warranty fix carried out that started back in Jan 20 when I noticed that the display on the controller was not displaying properly, that got replaced and then a week later when testing that the fridge etc was working we found that the power when off grid was not working nor was it when on mains, long and short of it was that we had a new leisure battery and several relays and a few other bits replaced (seem to recall the other posts also had similar experiences).
Fingers crossed all is ok this weekend

tombr

Closing the loop on this, thanks Simon and Steve for helping.

Turns out it was the leisure battery, it wouldn't hold charge at all. MB replaced it under warranty, and now we're all good!