Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie questions

Hyrule

I have taken delivery of a 2018 MP which, for various reasons, I bought from a dealer without seeing it first. Big risk but has turned out to be a great vehicle in wonderful shape. Perhaps I am justifying this to myself!
I have a few disjointed questions:
1. One previous owner- Mercedes Benz Truck division (Support Team) in Milton Keynes. Registered Dec 2018, not taxed beyond May 2019, 5000 miles, everything inside still plastic wrapped (peel off plastic on the windows latches, sink etc, matress sealed so seems little use. A demo vehicle for show use perhaps?
2. it has a plug socket under the rear bumper plus a socket that looks to be for a tow hook. Is this usual? Is it possible to find a list of the original order items?
3. Roof blisters. A few starting. Now its is still under warranty but so many posts say they have had one (or more) replacement roofs and also poor fitting and body damage done during refit. Is it not better to just accept its an ongoing problem? Id hate to have aanother roof that then re blisters, no ongoing warrantee plus poor fitting. Are these blisters really a problem?

Thanks to all.

Blackrat

Hi,
Sounds like it came with the factory towing pack. If you look in the cubby hole in the offside of the boot compartment you should find the swan neck for the tow bar.

Last edited:

Grand Tourismo

I have taken delivery of a 2018 MP which, for various reasons, I bought from a dealer without seeing it first. Big risk but has turned out to be a great vehicle in wonderful shape. Perhaps I am justifying this to myself!
I have a few disjointed questions:
1. One previous owner- Mercedes Benz Truck division (Support Team) in Milton Keynes. Registered Dec 2018, not taxed beyond May 2019, 5000 miles, everything inside still plastic wrapped (peel off plastic on the windows latches, sink etc, matress sealed so seems little use. A demo vehicle for show use perhaps?
2. it has a plug socket under the rear bumper plus a socket that looks to be for a tow hook. Is this usual? Is it possible to find a list of the original order items?
3. Roof blisters. A few starting. Now its is still under warranty but so many posts say they have had one (or more) replacement roofs and also poor fitting and body damage done during refit. Is it not better to just accept its an ongoing problem? Id hate to have aanother roof that then re blisters, no ongoing warrantee plus poor fitting. Are these blisters really a problem?

Thanks to all.
Welcome along :Welcome:
1. probably a MBUK car, registered as a demo but then used by a staff member to commute in. There are a fair few of these about and they come with varying spec. If you contact MBUK customer services directly and send them a copy of your V5c and driving licence they can send you the original factory build request - that way you get to see what extra goodies were added on the base vehicle.
2. Sorted
3. If you leave the roof blisters they can continue to grow and rupture open, especially the bigger ones. Then an accidental hit with the jet washer or over zealous washing with the sponge could pull a flake of paint off as it is not then bonded to the primer underneath.
I would say though, try not to get hung up on it as an issue, it exists but it can be dealt with if required.....and the odd seagull at the seaside can do far worse!!

Grand Tourismo

3. Roof blisters. A few starting.

Thanks to all.
If possible can I ask you to log your vehicle on the open questionnaire on this forum, that way we can all support each other with a large body of data supporting any future claims...

Hyrule

Welcome along :Welcome:
1. probably a MBUK car, registered as a demo but then used by a staff member to commute in. There are a fair few of these about and they come with varying spec. If you contact MBUK customer services directly and send them a copy of your V5c and driving licence they can send you the original factory build request - that way you get to see what extra goodies were added on the base vehicle.
2. Sorted
3. If you leave the roof blisters they can continue to grow and rupture open, especially the bigger ones. Then an accidental hit with the jet washer or over zealous washing with the sponge could pull a flake of paint off as it is not then bonded to the primer underneath.
I would say though, try not to get hung up on it as an issue, it exists but it can be dealt with if required.....and the odd seagull at the seaside can do far worse!!
Thank you for that. I found VinDecoder that gave me a list of the original order items. Perfect. It had the tow hook but also a towing upgrade to 2500Kg whatever that would be.
I have a few months to decide about the blisters but mine are small and it seems a lot of work if any replacement stands a good chance of re blistering. Thanks again

Steve B

Hello and welcome, a good find by the sounds of it, the positive points of the MP far outweigh the few issues.