Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie here - weighing up the options

Redrighthand

Hi all. Thought I’d say hi. I’ve been browsing for a while. I’ve been mulling over camper Options recently, comparing VWs and Marco Polos of course. We are due a new car and we’ve been thinking of getting a van (for ease of transporting kids, holiday gear, camping kit, bikes etc) and then the natural step was to start thinking about going all in and getting a camper. Looking at the prices on Drive the Deal you seem to get a lot more bang for your buck with the MP at the minute (45k for a Horizon and 50k for the full fat version currently), as compared to the VW alternatives.

I love the simplicity of the Horizon and the flexibility in terms of it being a more useful daily driver / load lugger. However there’s some key things missing that you don‘t seem to be able to add as options (fridge, night heater, leisure battery, Electric hook up point) (bear in mind I’m new to this so may have the specs slightly wrong). I guess my ideal is something in between the two. And given the relatively small price difference the sport model seems like the only way to go.

In any case this forum has been a really interesting read so far. I think my main issue vs a VW is that the MP is much less established and so if something does go wrong it’s harder t9 sort. Then again, that’s what warranties are for (though the dealer stories worry me a bit!)

Anyway I’ll continue reading up and will probably be popping up with the odd newbie question here and there.

pumpsmynads

Agreed. The horizon is too basic really. It’s essentially a vclass with a pop up roof. It doesn’t have some of the camper extras/essentials that you’d want.

SteveR

Hi all. Thought I’d say hi......

....Anyway I’ll continue reading up and will probably be popping up with the odd newbie question here and there.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Ask away. If you can't find anything via search there are some very knowledgeable and friendly people on here that will always try to assist.
In the meantime, enjoy your reading up :)

Redrighthand

So, two initial questions:
1. in many of the YouTube vids of the Horizon there is a little foldaway table shown - are these even an option in the UK?
2. Anyone aware of anyone in the North of England hiring MPs? Wouldn’t mind trying one for a weekend!