Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New members also awaiting delivery of a MP

Rob1

Good evening,
As first time owners (hopefully soon) we have paid our deposit with MB Exeter and given a delivery of June 2021.
Today we have been informed delivery could be March 2021, so we have to confirm specification early next week.
Any advice or options that are a must have would be greatly appreciated.
We are first time Campervan owners, and we have done our homework, re the VW , Ford and MP, but anything else we need to know please let us know.
Thank you

Steve B

Hello & Welcome - Plenty of time to get ready for a spring/summer where I think we all hope to get a bit more use out of our MP's. The search function here will help, all the main things covered. Many of the issues have been sorted out in the new model that you'll have (old model - do I have DAB? no, what heater do I have if any?, what are these small lumps on my roof?). I suppose its the extras you will need, and there are good lists on here from seasoned campervan owners; windscreen cover or blind, lower bed topper, hook up cable, mats/carpets etc etc. The quality of dealerships is patchy, not great for advice in the main.

People are always interested in what you have bought, e.g colour and extras, and of course pictures. Hope the wait passes quickly, I think there are a few other on here waiting as well, delivery times seem fluid.

SteveR

Hi and welcome,
I echo Steve Bs points above. There is a ton of info on here and also some knowledgeable and friendly people. I would suggest having a search through and enjoy compiling your list then maybe running that list through here. Of course you may get a whole load of conflicting suggestions but it will give you a baseline to work with. You can then ask for reviews or advice on specific items, e.g. screen covers inside or out, toppers and so on
The wait will pass soon enough. Enjoy the experience :)

The fat controller

Congratulations Rob! Exciting stuff and a bit of time to get your head around all the ins and outs in the meantime.

I'm in the same boat, waiting for an expected delivery in July next year. As someone who is also new to van ownership I've found it really useful to also keep an eye on the vw california forum (shock horror!) which has huge membership and is also good for general campervan tops and info... Not to detract from all the wisdom on here of course!!

Enjoy the wait!

Phil

Rob1

Many thanks for your ideas and assistance.
We have the deposit down on a MP V300d AMGAuto with Cavansite Blue paint and Beige Leather .
We have decide not to have a awning but added the parking camera and sound system.
Its a real leap in the dark coming from Saloon/SUV vehicles but one we want to go for !!!!
So build spec will be finalised on Monday with MB Exeter and we have been told delivery March 2021, so fingers crossed.
Once again thank you for advice
Rob

SteveR

....Cavansite Blue paint and Beige Leather .
We have decide not to have a awning but added the parking camera and sound system....
Good luck and enjoy speccing out. Parking camera is well worth it in my opinion. You may want to also consider what heating options you have and also a factory fit (westfalia) towbar if you are ever likely to tow, have bike racks, luggage racks etc... Bottom line is that it's easier to get some options from start rather than retro fit later

pumpsmynads

Many thanks for your ideas and assistance.
We have the deposit down on a MP V300d AMGAuto with Cavansite Blue paint and Beige Leather .
We have decide not to have a awning but added the parking camera and sound system.
Its a real leap in the dark coming from Saloon/SUV vehicles but one we want to go for !!!!
So build spec will be finalised on Monday with MB Exeter and we have been told delivery March 2021, so fingers crossed.
Once again thank you for advice
Rob
Good spec. I have the same but with the awning and tow bar. The long wait continues.