Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member, New Order!

Matt90

Hi Everyone

New member here that has just confirmed an order on behalf of my parents for the a facelift MP! Spec is as follows:

V220d Sport Marco Polo (New engine and 9 speed gearbox)
Cavansite Blue Metallic
Black Leather
Light Wood Floor
360 Parking Camera

Firstly, thanks to all the members of this forum as it provided invaluable advice when going through the ordering process and weighing up between this and the California.

As seems to be the general theme, a lot of dealers showed no interest when trying to order an MP with many sales team members not knowing anything about the vehicle at all. In the end I am pretty happy with the deal we managed to get through Mercedes Benz of Grimsby (ask to speak to Laura in the CarWow team). Despite being the other end of the UK, no other dealer seemed interested in responding and coming up with a deal on the facelift model.

I have few questions I could not seem to find the answer to, anyone help would be appreciated:

1) Through reading, the service plan doesn't seem like a good option but does anyone know the rough cost of the 1st and 2nd services?

2) We previously had a caravan and as part of the annual service for this the electric, water and gas systems got check. With the MP when it is being serviced, are these "camper van" elements looked at also?

3) I have heard the gas cylinders are a difficult size to get. Has anyone experienced any problems with sourcing them for their vehicle?

Thank you to everyone again for the useful information on this forum!

Matt

Steve B

3) I have heard the gas cylinders are a difficult size to get. Has anyone experienced any problems with sourcing them for their vehicle?

Hi Matt - I had no problems with the 907 gas cylinder; got mine off ebay, refurbished and filled for £35 (had to collect though), works perfectly. The watch out reminder I got from this forum is to remember to turn off at the bottle when travelling!

Matt90

Hi Matt - I had no problems with the 907 gas cylinder; got mine off ebay, refurbished and filled for £35 (had to collect though), works perfectly. The watch out reminder I got from this forum is to remember to turn off at the bottle when travelling!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information and tip, that's good to know.

Regards

RFT

1) and 2) are a problem as your first service will not take place for 2 years and I don't think any UK registered MPs are 2 years old yet. I stand to be corrected on this though!

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Matt,

After some drilling down in the MP Supplementary Manual, I did spot a reference by Westfalia that the gas system ought to be checked out every two years to make certain that it is safe, etc. (it is in the section for the gas system, general notes). Given this, I intend on my MP's 2nd birthday to get a habitation service. I am looking at habcheck.co.uk as they offer a nationwide, to your home, habitation check. However I am sure that there are other companies around that can offer the check as well.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk