Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Must have accessories

Grand Tourismo

Hello,
I wondered what genuine MB accessories you have purchased to enhance your MP experience?
From mattress toppers to cups...what can you not do without!!

enano

Hello,
I wondered what genuine MB accessories you have purchased to enhance your MP experience?
From mattress toppers to cups...what can you not do without!!

Smaller and lighter chairs (from Decathlon)
Foam mattress for the lower bed
Schuko (german/spanish socket) to CEE17 (MP socket) cable, compatible with french sockets (same power pins, different earth pin)
Extension cable
Italian, swiss, uk socket adapters
R907 Gas bottle (and R901 as spare)
Portable gas kitchen to cook outside
Collapsible water hose to load clean water
Brandrup storage for the front seats
Thetford potty
Case to keep the potty on the rails, behind the passenger seat (doubles as a seat when closed)
Quality blackout & insulation for the front windows
Shower curtain for the tail door
100W flexible solar panel and charge regulator
230VAC inverter
Additional 12V sockets next to the internal 230V socket
Ladder
Fire extinguisher
Plastic baskets to organize the fridge
Pots, pan and coffee machine (selected so that they all fit in the minimum possible space), plates and cookware.
Some meters of paracord (to hang clothes dry, or tie the awning down), pegs, rechargeable lights (for the awning).

That's just to start.

PoloTim

Smaller and lighter chairs (from Decathlon)
Foam mattress for the lower bed
Schuko (german/spanish socket) to CEE17 (MP socket) cable, compatible with french sockets (same power pins, different earth pin)
Extension cable
Italian, swiss, uk socket adapters
R907 Gas bottle (and R901 as spare)
Portable gas kitchen to cook outside
Collapsible water hose to load clean water
Brandrup storage for the front seats
Thetford potty
Case to keep the potty on the rails, behind the passenger seat (doubles as a seat when closed)
Quality blackout & insulation for the front windows
Shower curtain for the tail door
100W flexible solar panel and charge regulator
230VAC inverter
Additional 12V sockets next to the internal 230V socket
Ladder
Fire extinguisher
Plastic baskets to organize the fridge
Pots, pan and coffee machine (selected so that they all fit in the minimum possible space), plates and cookware.
Some meters of paracord (to hang clothes dry, or tie the awning down), pegs, rechargeable lights (for the awning).

That's just to start.
Hope you don't mind me asking? You mention a case to keep the potty on the rails that doubles as a seat? Sounds interesting. Did you purchase this or make something for yourself?
Thanks
Tim

Webbah

Hope you don't mind me asking? You mention a case to keep the potty on the rails that doubles as a seat? Sounds interesting. Did you purchase this or make something for yourself?
Thanks
Tim
I think he's referring to the (in German) what's called the Staukasten. I bought it and absolutely love it! It is a pricey piece of kit however.

Blackrat

An upholstered storage box from Dunelm for £10 does the same job other than fixing into the rails.
Ours sits behind the passenger seat.
I did intend to put a strap around it for traveling but so far it hasn’t moved.

enano

I think he's referring to the (in German) what's called the Staukasten. I bought it and absolutely love it! It is a pricey piece of kit however.

Not the original, but a cheap equivalent - the staukast (literally, storage box) is great, robust, and fits the Thetford potty quite well - but it is expensive.

Just search for a cubic 38 x 38 x 38cm box (or, 15 x 15 x 15 ") like the one below. Can be used as a (somewhat filmsy) seat.

1644253712398.png

The small Thetford potty fits inside quite tightly. Just cut a window to operate the blade opener and secure the box to the rails.

1644254173299.png

Stickers not strictly required...

1644254264948.png

I screwed the bottom of the box to the floor rail and it feels pretty firm.
In retrospective, maybe I should have used the Thetford supplied potty base plate to secure it to the floor rail and cut the bottom of the box altogether.

LMAShton

I bought a collapsible portable loo recently called a Bivvy Loo. it is actually really sturdy. I really like how it folds down into a bag and then fits under the bed shelf.

J

j200george

VIP Member
The Thetford 335 (315 x 342 x 382mm) fits the Dunelm box well and having seen @Blackrat 's set up in the flesh the Dunelm box it does look like an elegant solution.

Someone I know however is selling the 345 brand new locally. The 345 measures (330 x 383 x 427 mm).

Has anyone out there found an off the shelf box like the Dunelm for the Thetford 345?

Last edited: