Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MP Horizon UK - Extra Seats?

Nelson400

Hi All! Recently purchased UK Marco Polo Horizon which comes with 5 seats as standard - Driver, passenger, 3 birth bench. Aware that in Europe, this alao comes as 8 seater option with extra bench, or 7 seater option with 2 single seats plus a table. Anyone in UK had any success in adding extra seats sourced either from UK V Class or from Europe? Many thanks.

WILLH

It is physically possible to add another row of seats and there were 2 suitable brand sets for sale on eBay when I last looked.

Where it may become complicated is with insurance etc as the Horizon is only classed as a 5 seater with DVLA.

tony mc

My Horizon is stated as a 7 seater on the V5C, it should be a simple matter to change it with DVLA, as it is basically a V Class, which has up to 8 seats. With insurance its just a case of ensuring they are aware of the number of seats.

Nelson400

Hi both, many thanks for your reply. Since my original post we were able to purchase a single seat from another forum member who was selling their spare from their camper which fits perfectly in the horizon - hopefully useful info if anyone else considering. Strangely our Horison was already listed as 6 seater on our DVLA so no changes were required. Thanks again for your help.

S

sturdyphill

VIP Member
Nelson400
I’ve just ordered a horizon. Can I ask if the seat just clips in, are the anchor points already there. Would ideally like to add another 2 or 3 seats myself though 1 would be great. Would appreciate any help on this.

Nelson400

Hi there, yep anchors were already in place in our Horizon (though don’t know if that’s standard or not) so seat simply clipped in easily - can face either direction.