Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

More questions ! .. awnings, seat covers and Sat Nav

Gek

Morning .... as a new MP owner we have a few questions as we start to kit it out.

• What drive-away awning do people recommend? We have narrowed it down to the KYAM AIRTEK KAMPER PRO 1and the VANGO KELA V AIR STD does anyone have any experience with either?
  • We have a factory-fitted roll-out awning on the side of the van - if we connect the awning to that there is a gap where the rain can get in - is there a solution to this?
  • We would like rear seat covers .. nice looking .. something like leatherette.. as we have a lab that tries to climb on them. Saw some on here but they are imported from Germany so I guess we now get stung with import duty?? Any ideas please?
  • Is there any way to add speed cams to the Garmin system on MP - can not believe Mercedes say it is illegal to have them on there!
Sorry to bombard you all with questions, but all and any advice is gratefully received.

Gary

SteveR

Hello
To answer your second bullet point, there is a rubber cover available that covers the gap between the awning and the van. Sorry, I don't have a link available but it is made by the same people that make the awning if I recall correctly

Gek

I don't think it fits the Westfalia awning which is factory-fitted by MB ... unless anyone has tried it? (fingers crossed!)

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I think you'll find that Westfalia use Thule Omnistor awnings, that's what's fitted to my Westfalia van. I think that strip should fit.
I'm sure someone here will confirm it's a Thule.

Gek

Hmmmm .... mine looks different to both of those. But is a factory-fitted option on the original spec sheet. I Will share some pics when its light :)