Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Microwave

Sarahjane

Hi. Does anyone use a microwave in their MP and if so any recommendations the compact ones I have seen say they can’t take a plate so are very compact. Obviously limited for space but would prefer one slightly bigger. Many thanks

Last edited:

Epigram

Hi Sarahjane
Back in the heady days after I purchased the MP -the time when you buy everything then ditch half of it ….all part of the fun
I bought a small basic microwave that fits perfectly in the sliding cupboard and made a new shelf for storage above it. It is 600watts 14 litres, takes a 10 inch plate and from memory cost about 50 or 60 pounds. Clearly the van needs to be on mains hook up to use it.
Being the world’s worst cook, I thought I might rely on microwave meals if I were away without Mrs Epigram
Although the set up works, I wasn’t too keen on it being low down or the loss of cupboard space. Also heating up some of Mrs Epigram‘s preprepared ”gruel” from the fridge or nearby pub fare have so far proved better options.
To date the microwave has remained in its box along with some othe unused goodies and has yet to be used in anger.

Sarahjane

Hi Sarahjane
Back in the heady days after I purchased the MP -the time when you buy everything then ditch half of it ….all part of the fun
I bought a small basic microwave that fits perfectly in the sliding cupboard and made a new shelf for storage above it. It is 600watts 14 litres, takes a 10 inch plate and from memory cost about 50 or 60 pounds. Clearly the van needs to be on mains hook up to use it.
Being the world’s worst cook, I thought I might rely on microwave meals if I were away without Mrs Epigram
Although the set up works, I wasn’t too keen on it being low down or the loss of cupboard space. Also heating up some of Mrs Epigram‘s preprepared ”gruel” from the fridge or nearby pub fare have so far proved better options.
To date the microwave has remained in its box along with some othe unused goodies and has yet to be used in anger.
Thank you for your reply, we have spent £60 on one the idea being when on hookup saves me cooking. We are new to campervan life ours arrrives in august so just trying to see what we will and will not use! I am sure we too will have an oops box. Sarah Jane