Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercky Paws

Roy C

So first of all my sincere apologies for the tortuous pun in the thread heading but I thought it would be useful to have a dog-related thread. So if there any other souls here brave enough to expose their beautiful new van interior to a potentially wet and muddy canine then here's the place to share your angst or celebrate the joys of having man's (or woman's) best friend out on the open road with you.

One of the reasons for getting the van was that staying away with the dog is a pain if hotels, cottages don't accept dogs and booking Alfie in with the dog-sitters has to be done a year in advance. I wanted to be able to just pick up and go on a sunny weekend and take the dog with us.

Having a dog brings its own challenges so I thought a thread might help. One of the useful things I found was a tether for the isofix points rather than the seatbelt fastener. With me, my wife and two daughters there is no spare seatbelt fastener so to be safe, legal and not to invalidate our insurance I bought an isofix tether from Amazon.

Here is a very miserable looking Alfie trying it out - ignore the red bit, that's just his lead, the tether is the black plastic covered cable. I think he's looking miserable because I completely messed up putting the harness on him....

alfie (1).jpg

Other van / dog related accessories I have bought include one of those big towelling bags to scoop him up into after washing him down with the rear shower attachment.

pumpsmynads

We’re looking to do the same. With the cream interior. :eek:

There’s only 2 of us so standard seat belt is fine for Fudge.

The toweling bag sounds like a great idea.

Israel

So first of all my sincere apologies for the tortuous pun in the thread heading but I thought it would be useful to have a dog-related thread. So if there any other souls here brave enough to expose their beautiful new van interior to a potentially wet and muddy canine then here's the place to share your angst or celebrate the joys of having man's (or woman's) best friend out on the open road with you.

One of the reasons for getting the van was that staying away with the dog is a pain if hotels, cottages don't accept dogs and booking Alfie in with the dog-sitters has to be done a year in advance. I wanted to be able to just pick up and go on a sunny weekend and take the dog with us.

Having a dog brings its own challenges so I thought a thread might help. One of the useful things I found was a tether for the isofix points rather than the seatbelt fastener. With me, my wife and two daughters there is no spare seatbelt fastener so to be safe, legal and not to invalidate our insurance I bought an isofix tether from Amazon.

Here is a very miserable looking Alfie trying it out - ignore the red bit, that's just his lead, the tether is the black plastic covered cable. I think he's looking miserable because I completely messed up putting the harness on him....

View attachment 82

Other van / dog related accessories I have bought include one of those big towelling bags to scoop him up into after washing him down with the rear shower attachment.

Nice thread! I'm in :)

What we got for Otto:
- travel towel is a must to get ride of the mudd and dry the dog before he jumps in.
- we had a belt for the dog, but we do not like the idea of having him on our new leather seats (you know, just 3 weeks new car ;-) ) so we bought a foldable dog cage. We are just two so there is plenty of space for the cage behind the drivers seat.

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

KDM

Super idea! We are empty nesters so the two seatbelt clips work for us hooked into the back of their shoulder harnesses. I got the rubber backed rug in the profile pic at Leroy Merlin for ~17 Euros; while at the store I got 3 meters of 2" wide velcro which absolutely keeps the rug in place but is still easily removed for a good shake out. I emptied almost a can of Camp Dry (similar to Scotch Guard) onto the rug outside and let it dry in the sun and air out before putting it back in the vehicle. Mostly I run the Dyson in upholstery mode without taking out. I'm using a blanket to protect the rear bench; required given that the Queen Bee has claimed it as her throne. Would be interested if someone has found a fitted cover for the back bench seat? Looking forward to other posts on beasties onboard. :)