Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Reading

Schojack

I purchased my new Marco Polo 220d Sport last week from Mercedes Reading and pleased to report that the handover was one of the best I have experienced when picking up a new vehicle. Subsequent follow-up has been great also.

Key to the handover was the fact that the sales team brought in Andy Barnes for an afternoon to take me over the finer details of the MP. Andy has also guided my wife and I on some early essentials that we might purchase in order to enjoy our initial trips. Andy's list of dos and don'ts has also been invaluable.

As posted by others, Andy is extremely knowledgeable and gave me lots of help and advice. Since being back in Montrose, Scotland, Andy has continued to assist my wife and I - he is extremely responsive to our texts and emails.

Once Henry Sherlock (Sales) had handed the vehicle over and I drove away from Reading I could not have had a bigger smile on my face. However, before going beyond 10 miles, a dashboard message appeared that stated there was an Adblue malfunction and the engine management warning light was illuminated. I parked up and called the sales team (Paul this time). Immediate action was taken - a driver came out with a courtesy car and took the MP back. The maintenance team at Reading gave the vehicle a thorough check over, dealt with me very efficiently and sympathetically. Following a repeat handover I then embarked on the journey to Scotland. The Reading team kept tabs on me throughout, and on arrival at my home in Montrose Henry checking kid that all went well - it did and my smile had returned!

I would definitely recommend anyone who is looking for a Marco Polo to contact Mercedes Reading.

SteveR

Hello and welcome @Schojack - nice first post, very helpful
Fortunately for me MB Reading is my local dealer and so far have been very good.
Long drive home for you though

Steve B

Welcome, that was a mammoth drive back, mine was just 120 miles. What was the adblue issue?

Liven

I purchased my new Marco Polo 220d Sport last week from Mercedes Reading and pleased to report that the handover was one of the best I have experienced when picking up a new vehicle. Subsequent follow-up has been great also.

Key to the handover was the fact that the sales team brought in Andy Barnes for an afternoon to take me over the finer details of the MP. Andy has also guided my wife and I on some early essentials that we might purchase in order to enjoy our initial trips. Andy's list of dos and don'ts has also been invaluable.

As posted by others, Andy is extremely knowledgeable and gave me lots of help and advice. Since being back in Montrose, Scotland, Andy has continued to assist my wife and I - he is extremely responsive to our texts and emails.

Once Henry Sherlock (Sales) had handed the vehicle over and I drove away from Reading I could not have had a bigger smile on my face. However, before going beyond 10 miles, a dashboard message appeared that stated there was an Adblue malfunction and the engine management warning light was illuminated. I parked up and called the sales team (Paul this time). Immediate action was taken - a driver came out with a courtesy car and took the MP back. The maintenance team at Reading gave the vehicle a thorough check over, dealt with me very efficiently and sympathetically. Following a repeat handover I then embarked on the journey to Scotland. The Reading team kept tabs on me throughout, and on arrival at my home in Montrose Henry checking kid that all went well - it did and my smile had returned!

I would definitely recommend anyone who is looking for a Marco Polo to contact Mercedes Reading.
welcome, i live in reading locally and just sent my car for the downshift issue and two cabinet lock replacement, their service is superb!

PoloTim

Hello, I live near the Reading dealership and need to contact them regarding my imminent end of 3 year warranty. You mentioned Andy Barnes in your post, who the sales team brought in to go through the finer points of your vehicle. Who is Andy and what department of Mercedes is Andy situated? The reason I ask is because when I bought my last new vehicle I am sure he was the person who sold it to me at Reading. I would like to make contact with him so 1) I know someone who I have dealt with before and 2) He obviously knows all about Marco Polos!
Thanks in advance

Schojack

Andy was kind enough to give me his email address and mobile number, however, I’m not comfortable that it gives me the right to share such info here. That stated, I believe that Andy is a regular contributor to the owners club and may read this thread.
My other suggestion would be for you to contact Vertu Motors in Reading and ask them to put you in contact with Andy - I’m sure they would do that. Best of luck

PoloTim

Andy was kind enough to give me his email address and mobile number, however, I’m not comfortable that it gives me the right to share such info here. That stated, I believe that Andy is a regular contributor to the owners club and may read this thread.
My other suggestion would be for you to contact Vertu Motors in Reading and ask them to put you in contact with Andy - I’m sure they would do that. Best of luck
Thanks so much for the information. I actually wanted to know if he works for MB or Vertu Reading. I will contact them tomorrow.
Thanks