Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MB delivery info

Dundry

MB customer services updated me today. Confirmed that the dealer had placed the order. The factory have not allotted vehicles. No info on when they will (should be soon?!). No info on how may vehicles the dealer will be allotted. Apparently the factory do not communicate with customer services, only the dealers direct.. Once allotted more info can be given on delivery dates. They did say that the MB was not a usual vehicle!

So order signed end of August and still no idea of delivery. I suppose I'm in the dark for the moment. Still the waiting is sometimes the fun bit.

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
It always amuses me when you're spending this much on a vehicle and no one can tell you a thing, no one knows a thing, and knoby seems to care as its a special/unusual vehicle! ...these companies need to consider the "buying experience" in my opinion.

funkyegg

It always amuses me when you're spending this much on a vehicle and no one can tell you a thing, no one knows a thing, and knoby seems to care as its a special/unusual vehicle! ...these companies need to consider the "buying experience" in my opinion.
Sad but true. We need more competition in this market segment.

Dundry

So yesterday recieved an e-mail from UPS with a delivery date and the name of the person I’m dealing with at MB. The date was March 2017, so obviously spam. Anyway, it prompted me to ask the dealer if there was any news and mentioned the e-mail. They said don’t open it, its someone trying to be “funny” - I think they were aware of a security breach in their IT.
In any case, the dealer had no news and said other dealers were in same position. There must be someone somewhere with a spreadsheet of orders and a production plan - these are German companies after all, so I have e-mailed Westphalia - lets see if they respond.

Dundry

ok, so I am told - by Westphalia, that they are not owned by MB but by Rapido Group which is a French motorhome company. On looking into it this happened in 2010! so my info was a bit out of date. I am not sure if MB still have a stake. So no clearer as Westphalia didn't give any more details on build date referring me back to the dealer saying they should have requested it on the order. Mmm, should I just give up and wait, start looking at Cali's again or keep digging :)