Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress recall issue

Simon C

Hi
My MP went in for a interim service just before the lockdown and as part of that I was advised there was some warranty recall items, including replacement of the mattress. Unfortunately a day or so later we then had an electrical issue and I could not open the roof as a result. That’s now fixed and I noticed yesterday that the hinges have some corrosion, the aluminium up stands around the opening in the Van roof at the shallow end of the sleeping compartment have some evidence of corrosion and the screws on the support plates at the front of the bed base have surface corrosion.
My question is has anyone else had other work done as part of the Mattress warranty replacement?
I seem to recall seeing an older post a year or so back that mentioned the mattress issue caused corrosion issues. I’ve added a couple of pics.?Thanks

Attachments

KDM

Hi
My MP went in for a interim service just before the lockdown and as part of that I was advised there was some warranty recall items, including replacement of the mattress. Unfortunately a day or so later we then had an electrical issue and I could not open the roof as a result. That’s now fixed and I noticed yesterday that the hinges have some corrosion, the aluminium up stands around the opening in the Van roof at the shallow end of the sleeping compartment have some evidence of corrosion and the screws on the support plates at the front of the bed base have surface corrosion.
My question is has anyone else had other work done as part of the Mattress warranty replacement?
I seem to recall seeing an older post a year or so back that mentioned the mattress issue caused corrosion issues. I’ve added a couple of pics.?Thanks

Attachments
Wow, first time I've seen the "corrosion." We had the mattress replaced shortly after we got the notification. We'd only taken delivery about 9-months prior. When they replaced the mattress we asked if there were any signs of corrosion and they said no, everything looked fine. But, we had not yet used the mattress and it was still in the plastic bag from the factory.

Carol

l had the corrosion on hinges like your photo , MB therefore replaced both hinges and mattress
Never had corrosion along side like your second photo