Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering the pop-up roof without leisure battery

Jacksonhitt

Hello All

emergency help. Stuck!
some great information on here and have thus found out a lot about the roof.
however….I still can’t get mine lowered!

My leisure battery is clearly depleted (confirmed in display) which in itself is another matter as it was full yesterday.

I’ve tried the “emergency operation” from the manual. Although I’ve found the button under the hob and get the tone when pressing it, the method doesn’t work: supposed to operate the up/down buttons on leisure battery control within 15 secs. Tried the buttons. Nothing. I’m wondering if indeed you need some charge?

there must be some solution!! Right?
Can’t drive with roof up, can’t charge without driving!
and can’t plug in as I’m rather remote.

any expeditious help MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks, Jackson

Epigram

Looking at the time on your post I expect you have solved the problem or called out MB emergency assistance so any comment may be a bit too late.
Clearly you have found the emergency lowering procedure in the on line manual.
If you are getting a tone the emergency lowering procedure should work . My guess there is not enough power to operate the screw jacks or it might have locked out - see manual.
Probably stating obvious but check fuses and try charging the leisure battery by keeping the engine running for a while and then operate the roof before whatever is flattening the leisure battery does it again.
The manual states you can’t operate the roof with the engine running so I assume this also applies with the emergency lowering procedure.

Let us know how you get on. Being stuck with the roof up with no power to get it down is a situation none of us want