Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Live traffic in Comand

Ian

I have the comand system in my MP and when on the navigation screen it usually displays a Traffic symbol in the bottom left hand corner indicating that it is getting the live traffic updates (the 'tomtom traffic' subscription is valid well into 2020). When this is the case the map shows slow traffic with using dashed yellow / red lines and other hold-ups with symbols. This usually works well. However the system seems to loose its connection to the live traffic on a lot of journeys and then never reconnect. Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found a way to manually force it to try and reconnect? It seems to reconnect if you stop for a little while (e.g. for a break at some services so around 10 minutes) but otherwise it stays disconnected for the rest of the journey. This is obviously annoying as it makes the arrival time unrealistically optimistic as it then thinks there is no traffic hold up. My guess is the vehicle loses connectivity to the central server when it goes into a signal blackspot and then never tries to reconnect as this seems to happen more frequently in rural areas.

milesr3

Hello, I have live traffic on my S Class and over the last four years there have been literally two or three occasions when the live traffic data has disappeared.

I believe that the communications module uses a mobile data connection from Vodafone and I get a good signal where I usually drive. There are a couple of small blackspots, where I can't make voice calls, but it doesn't cause it to disconnect.

I think that the two or three dropouts have been due to the service being unavailable, rather than a lack of mobile data signal. I remember that it was unavailable for the duration of a long journey and didn't reconnect when restarting the vehicle.

It sounds to me that you might have poor mobile data coverage?

Ian

Very helpful info. Sounds like there may be a fault with mine given the frequency that I experience drop outs. Will ask Mercedes the next time I am there.