Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery not charging when plugged in

vikpyr

Hello Everyone.
I've started experiencing an issue with my 2017 MP. Leisure battery charges fine when driving, but when it's plugged into the mains it shows 'charging' on the MP control hub but the battery runs flat within 1.5-2 days when running fridge etc. 230V socket inside does work.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
P.S. I checked all fuses in the passenger footwell, under seats and under the fridge - all seem fine!

Last edited:

Epigram

Hello Everyone.
I've started experiencing an issue with my 2017 MP. Leisure battery charges fine when driving, but when it's plugged into the mains it shows 'charging' on the MP control hub but the battery runs flat within 1.5-2 days when running fridge etc. 230V socket inside does work.
P.S. I checked all fuses in the passenger footwell, under seats and under the fridge - all seem fine!
If the mains socket does not work when connected to the mains check that the ELCB button has not been pushed in by accident. Fridge should run for at least 3 days on setting 3. Possibly the a leisue battery on the way out.

enano

Hello Everyone.
Do you mean the internal battery discharges while being connected to 230V?
That should not happen. I would start checking the fuses under the fridge, which you already did. Next check output voltage at the AC battery charger under the fridge, loose cables next to it, rusty battery connectors...

WILLH

My leisure battery is starting to show the same symptoms(mine is a 2017 as well).The most likely cause is that the leisure battery is on its way out.

herbert

Hello, Everyone. Not sure if this will help mine MP 2019

I have had the battery changed 3 times under warranty the first 2 defects were low voltage as seen on the controller screen and the battery would not charge. The 3rd one was this week and the systems were --
1 The controller screen was blank as if it was switched off.

2...The lights within the kitchen/bed area would not come on although the reading lights for the driver and passenger did work.

3 The mercedes garage said they have replaced the engine battery but not the leisure battery.

4 I have not had a problem starting the MP even after 2 days parked this week so can not understand why this should cure the problem.
Everything now works, control panel lights up and the status of the leisure battery can be seen in the controller.
Can anyone answer the following for me?

1. Where is the leisure located, under the passenger or drivers seat?
2. Is the amp/hour rating the same for both batteries?
3. Has the engine battery any effect on the controller?

KDM

If the mains socket does not work when connected to the mains check that the ELCB button has not been pushed in by accident. Fridge should run for at least 3 days on setting 3. Possibly the a leisue battery on the way out.
Ours charges when driving but plugging it into shore power seemingly drains the leisure battery. What and where is the "ELCB button?" My search of the electronic user manual found no mention of ELCB button.

Epigram

Hi KDM
Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker. Item 3 in the manual picture. Provides protection on mains sockets when on hook up as in a domestic electrical supply

UP is ON and, if the test button is pressed or knocked while travelling ( been there done that !) it will trip to OFF and the mains socket wont work and the batteries wont charge even if the van is connected to an external mains supply.

Attachments

• IMG_5811.png
    IMG_5811.png
    971 KB · Views: 6

KDM

Hi KDM
Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker. Item 3 in the manual picture. Provides protection on mains sockets when on hook up as in a domestic electrical supply

UP is ON and, if the test button is pressed or knocked while travelling ( been there done that !) it will trip to OFF and the mains socket wont work and the batteries wont charge even if the van is connected to an external mains supply.
Bless You! That was it. Flipped the switch up, checked the leisure package display panel and it shows a plug and the bars are showing that it's charging. Thank you so much. I'll remember to check after carwashes as we have no kids, dogs don't have opposable digits, but the carwash boys have gotten me previously when they accidently flipped the kitchen faucet on (with no water in the tank).

Epigram

Glad it solved your problem. Wagging tails might also be a culprit !
Regarding stopping the tap/faucet being knocked on and potentially burning out the water pump motor if no water in the tank: I always have a stout rubber band ( the sort of wrist band they sometimes give out at events etc. ) This ensures the tap is always held closed but it is still easy to operate the tap against the rubber band to turn it on.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.jpeg
    IMG_3023.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: KDM