Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance

So after 2 years thinking about it and 1 year for delivery we receive our 3l AMG in March. It’s a bit over the top but yolo. Biggest annoyance though seems to be insurance. Quote from current insurance company, Lombard is 2k, which seems excessive. We live in Harrogate, it’s parked outside our house which sits hidden behind a main road. It will be our only vehicle but we don’t need to use it daily as we are so close to town.

I did try black stone but they say they only go through dealers so I’ll follow that up, but any additional recommendations would be most welcome.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
It's worth trying the usual suspects - Confused, Compare the Market/Meercat etc etc because the MP is a production vehicle. I ended up with Churchill and pay less than £400 on a 19-plate MP 220d, albeit for a low-ish annual mileage (6K IIRC) and without any NCB, albeit they have matched the NCB from my other 2 vehicles.

Hope that helps,

TMC

I ended up with LV. MERCEDES V300 AMG LINE MARCO POLO D AUTO with full NCB £475.92. Admiral was twice that and couldn't agree to insure it on chassis number alone whilst it got registered with DVLA.

It's worth trying the usual suspects - Confused, Compare the Market/Meercat etc etc because the MP is a production vehicle. I ended up with Churchill and pay less than £400 on a 19-plate MP 220d, albeit for a low-ish annual mileage (6K IIRC) and without any NCB, albeit they have matched the NCB from my other 2 vehicles.

Hope that helps,
Thanks DogWagen.

I ended up with LV. MERCEDES V300 AMG LINE MARCO POLO D AUTO with full NCB £475.92. Admiral was twice that and couldn't agree to insure it on chassis number alone whilst it got registered with DVLA.
Yeh forgot about these guys. Thanks.

Carol

So after 2 years thinking about it and 1 year for delivery we receive our 3l AMG in March. It’s a bit over the top but yolo. Biggest annoyance though seems to be insurance. Quote from current insurance company, Lombard is 2k, which seems excessive. We live in Harrogate, it’s parked outside our house which sits hidden behind a main road. It will be our only vehicle but we don’t need to use it daily as we are so close to town.

I did try black stone but they say they only go through dealers so I’ll follow that up, but any additional recommendations would be most welcome.
Try LV l found them good , reasonably priced

Jameson

Hi Guy's I have an insurance, idea. After going through, Saga with all our other cars, and were very reasonable, they wanted a ridiculous £2,180 I eventually got insurance with Adrian Flux for £420 without any No Claims discount for my MERCEDES V300 AMG LINE MARCO POLO D AUTO. Hope it helps.

Carol

Hi Guy's I have an insurance, idea. After going through, Saga with all our other cars, and were very reasonable, they wanted a ridiculous £2,180 I eventually got insurance with Adrian Flux for £420 without any No Claims discount for my MERCEDES V300 AMG LINE MARCO POLO D AUTO. Hope it helps.
Thanks for that , hope you tell Saga how absurd there quote was
, is there a link somewhere so l can contact Adrian Flux for insurance, l have a 23 yr old car , that l had from new that l need to insure and put on the road

briand

Insurance is an interesting one - some companies may ask what the V5 document lists the vehicle as and my document refers to it as and MPV and a diesel car vehicle category M1. It cost me less to insure than Mercedes GLC but it is parked on my drive.

Steve B

Caught Saga a few years ago ripping my elderly mum off for car insurance, she had been with them for years and they just kept increasing the premium, halved it elsewhere and went to customers services to complain, not interested - buyer beware, but I suppose you expect to be taken for a ride by conventional insurance companies, but Saga trade on their reputation. She exited all policies with them.

Jameson

Thanks for that , hope you tell Saga how absurd there quote was
, is there a link somewhere so l can contact Adrian Flux for insurance, l have a 23 yr old car , that l had from new that l need to insure and put on the road
Hi Carol, yes I did. What was SAGA thinking, We had been with them for 6 years on our 3 cars that we have already. Here are the shock differences.
  1. 2008 Nissan Micra fully comp at £103 per year
  2. 2019 Ford Focus ST estate fully comp at £355 per year
  3. 2021 Mercedes GLC 300 AMG line fully comp at £190 per year
Then £2,180 for a 2019 Marco Polo.

Adrian Flux link is https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/ you can get very cheap insurance with them on collectible cars etc.

What was funny and even stranger though, is that Mercedes dealers offer 7 day free drive away insurance, however that is not the case on a Marco Polo, Mercedes will not even insure the Marco Polo at all in any event according to what I was told on both Mercedes website and at Mercedes Bath.