Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance coverage in Cyprus

funkyegg

I am traveling to Cyprus later this month to see a friend of mine who lives there and I will be driving one of his cars. I contacted my current insurance provider Comfort and they told me the policy will not cover driving any vehicles other than the one that is insured in the EU. I was under the impression that all UK car insurance provides at least third party cover in the EU, but apparently this doesn't apply driving vehicles others than the ones insured. Does anyone know how I'd be covered for driving my friend's car there? Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

RFT

You need to be added to his insurance.

The 'driving other cars' or DOC facility on a UK policy is not guaranteed, should not be assumed or taken for granted and usually limits the type of vehicle driven to a private car. Cover is generally no more than third party only, however, some motor insurance policies aimed at high net worth policyholders allow comprehensive DOC. Chubb, Zurich Private Clients and Hiscox are insurers that allow comprehensive DOC. Unless you're paying a premium in the £'000s don't even think about it! If you are and are interested feel free to PM me.

funkyegg

You need to be added to his insurance.

The 'driving other cars' or DOC facility on a UK policy is not guaranteed, should not be assumed or taken for granted and usually limits the type of vehicle driven to a private car. Cover is generally no more than third party only, however, some motor insurance policies aimed at high net worth policyholders allow comprehensive DOC. Chubb, Zurich Private Clients and Hiscox are insurers that allow comprehensive DOC. Unless you're paying a premium in the £'000s don't even think about it! If you are and are interested feel free to PM me.
Thanks for the reply, very helpful!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk