Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello!

keaver

Morning all,

Just found this forum, very useful and friendly which is lovely to see. My wife and I are just about to start the process of looking to spec a MP, after looking at the Cali Ocean and Ford nugget.

Main issue so far is finding a knowledgeable dealer, we are based in Essex and so far Darford appears to be the most responsive, if anyone has any suggestions woulf be greatlu appreciated.

Goign to trawl the site for order / equipment tips :)

Cheers

Mike & Suzanne

SteveR

Hello Mike and Suzanne
Welcome to the forum.
There are a lot of friendly knowledgeable souls on the site so if you can't find anything and have questions, fire away.
Enjoy the process :)

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
:Welcome: Mike & Suzanna, nice to see you here.

Grand Tourismo

Hi and welcome Mike & Suzanne :Welcome: - from my experience reading on here I would consider using dealers which are further afield (some have substantially lower prices) as most of them deliver your vehicle, and then use the forum as a sounding board for advice...although we all have our favourite accessories and opinions of course!

I would say first things first, decide what kind of use you want your MP for. This can help shape what accessories will be paramount to you.
We use our MP as a day van and a tow vehicle for our caravan, whilst others use them as full time camper/motorhomes. So in this example the towing pack is of paramount importance to us.

Most of all enjoy the experience!!

Last edited:

Marc o Polo

Hi, Mike &Suzanne, a warm welcome from me, too.

"Main issue so far is finding a knowledgeable dealer," You have hit the nail on the head there! I believe the vans sell themselves..... With that in mind I've not had mine six months yet but we love everything - and I do mean everything - about it! There have been some "frustrations" but on the whole, particularly with the support of the kind group on here, nothing was insurmountable. I think the hardest part of all this is where you are at now. Decisions, decisions.. My advice: if you want one for summer '22 don't hang around, as they are like gold dust.

When I finally decided to purchase there wasn't a single one to be had from stock and ordering was going to take perhaps months... Some of my choices became limited but they were cosmetic, such as colour of car, floor and seats, etc. In the event I managed to bag a stock car that was imminently due in and when asked the question did I want it ....you bet! That "yes" turned out to be one of my best decisions for years. I have no regrets - and you won't, either. I would say if you are offered a stock car they are superb in my experience. I love the colours of all the vans: each one is quality built, reliable and a joy to drive and the best bit is this club - not even MB come close to the knowledge and generosity of the guys on here.

Just a note about the list "stock" cars, in case you are unfamiliar (and possibly to help others reading). They may appear to be all the same but they may well not be. Some items, like the bottom mattress, may be included but I've heard of them selling cars without one and the owner then has to purchase, so with that example in mind get the detailed spec of the van as soon as you hear about one and compare those on offer. Each franchise can and does ask for what they like. So, go to another MB dealer with details of the stock car you are interested in and they will be able to identify it on their list . They may ask you what price the other dealer quoted you. The prices vary between dealers - sometimes outrageously so - for the same car.... That is why it is not daft to shop around. I hope this helps.

A stock vehicle can be a great option. My stock car had towing pack, driver assistance package, awning, downstairs mattress, smart integration (although I think that is standard now).

To add further to GT's helpful points: I had my car delivered to me from the other side of the country. Happy to help if I can with any questions, too.

Steve B

Welcome Mike & Suzanne; I can't add much to the very comprehensive comments, shop around for the spec you want, you might get lucky on one that's about. We travelled to get ours (made a day out of it on public transport), but have it serviced locally.