Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heko Wind deflectors

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I've had these on previous vans so want to fit them on the MP. I was about to order these on eBay only to scroll down and find they are not suitable for use with automatic folding mirrors. From the list it appears they fit W447 2014-2017 only.

The official Heko site has the same part No. 23215 as the bay offering but makes no mention of not being suitable for folding mirrors. They want a whopping 130 euro p&p

I believe @Carol has fitted these or maybe someone else has, did you have problems with the mirror fouling the deflector? Thanks.

The fat controller

Hi SBD

I have these fitted and no issues (that I've noticed!) with fouling the mirrors. I'll have a check later on to confirm but I'd like to think I'd have spotted it if there was a problem!

Bought mine direct from heko I think, certainly wasn't charged anything like that for p&p (to uk). Can't recall exactly but was in the region of £40 all in.

Hope that helps.

EDIT I got them from the bay as well in fact, just like those that's you're looking at although via a different seller. No, issues with mirrors.

Last edited:

The fat controller

So I had a look and they do - just - make contact with then mirrors when folded. There's a slight mark on the deflector but can't see anything on the mirror. I don't consider this an issue myself but just so you can see, pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_130348.jpg
    IMG_20210824_130348.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Thanks for the pic TFC, sort of what I expected. I guess they're covering themselves by mentioning it but like you say not really an issue,

Grand Tourismo

I guess a little clear protective film could help where they touch if needed, but looks like they barely touch....can I ask how the perform in real life terms?

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I guess a little clear protective film could help where they touch if needed, but looks like they barely touch....can I ask how the perform in real life terms?

Primary reason I've fitted them on previous vans was for ventilation whilst parked up/camping.

You can crack the widows an inch or two without fear of rain getting in, it decreases condensation especially good when sleeping overnight, ventilation when leaving the dog in the van plus people passing by can't see the window is open a little.

I also find they are good when driving, you don't get a blasted by air, it's quieter than without and sometimes I feel it's much preferable to just flicking the AC on.

All in all I think they are a good value investment. :Thumbs up:

Grand Tourismo

Primary reason I've fitted them on previous vans was for ventilation whilst parked up/camping.

You can crack the widows an inch or two without fear of rain getting in, it decreases condensation especially good when sleeping overnight, ventilation when leaving the dog in the van plus people passing by can't see the window is open a little.

I also find they are good when driving, you don't get a blasted by air, it's quieter than without and sometimes I feel it's much preferable to just flicking the AC on.

All in all I think they are a good value investment. :Thumbs up:
Thanks SBD,
Can I ask you to share TheBay link...I'll have a look at them as well.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
@Grand Tourismo link to the ones I ordered are in the 1st post. As TFC said there are a few others if you search Mercedes Vito V class W477

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Received the deflectors today, they do foul but as TFC said not an issue that will cause any damage.

However due to OCD I needed to make a modification :rolleyes: will post some pics later on.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Nothing drastic @Grand Tourismo just a little fettling with a mini grinder, unfortunately I didn't take before photos, doh!! but you get the gist, there was about 5mm deflection:D:D with the mirrors retracted so I just removed enough material make clearance.

Heko 1.jpg

Heko.jpg

Heko 2.jpg

Heko3.jpg