Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating while camping

LMAShton

Hello, I am a new Marco polo owner. I have loved camping in it several times this year already - I am about to spend a couple of days away and due to the weather forecast, I think I might need to put the heating on.
My question is this:
If I am hooked-up to an electrical source and I put the heating on, will it drain the main battery, or does the hook up help to keep it charged?

SteveR

Hello, I am a new Marco polo owner. I have loved camping in it several times this year already - I am about to spend a couple of days away and due to the weather forecast, I think I might need to put the heating on.
My question is this:
If I am hooked-up to an electrical source and I put the heating on, will it drain the main battery, or does the hook up help to keep it charged?
Hi and welcome,
You haven't specified what heating you have. If it is the warm air or water heaters they use diesel but would also require a small electric supply for the pump.
If you are on hookup, why not just buy a cheap, small electric fan heater to take the chill off?

LMAShton

Hi and welcome,
You haven't specified what heating you have. If it is the warm air or water heaters they use diesel but would also require a small electric supply for the pump.
If you are on hookup, why not just buy a cheap, small electric fan heater to take the chill off?
good idea xx

Steve B

Hi how do you alter temp on the derv heatetb
You can find the instructions in the online manual, the link is below and it has a search function. The 'auxiliary warm air heater' is controlled through the central control panel (the LED one for the roof/fridge etc). The 'hot water auxiliary heater' is controlled by the multimedia system (the radio/sat Nav), and runs for 50 mins at a time. Both have remotes, the easiest way to operate if you have them. Hope this helps

westy4

Hi Steve
I have got both remotes and paired up to my Marco Polo all working it’s a lot easier to use them
Thanks
Kev