Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings from Bournemouth.

Gek

Apologies I posted this I think originally in the wrong area so have added it here as well.

Anyway - Hello everyone! Just had the delivery of our lovely 2019 Marco Polo so have joined the forums.

We have a few questions as we start to kit it out.

• What drive-away awning do people recommend? We have narrowed it down to the KYAM AIRTEK KAMPER PRO 1and the VANGO KELA V AIR STD does anyone have any experience with either?
  • We have a factory-fitted roll-out awning on the side of the van - if we connect the awning to that there is a gap where the rain can get in - is there a solution to this?
  • We would like rear seat covers .. nice looking .. something like leatherette.. as we have a lab that tries to climb on them. Saw some on here but they are imported from Germany so I guess we now get stung with import duty?? Any ideas please?
  • Is there any way to add speed cams to the Garmin system on MP - can not believe Mercedes say it is illegal to have them on there!
Sorry to bombard you all with questions, but all and any advice is gratefully received.

Gary

Steve B

Welcome - I'm sure you'll enjoy your new purchase, when we can all get out again! Can't help with drive-away awnings or seat covers i'm afraid (other know far more than me), and the comand sat nav is good enough but not that flexible, wouldn't surprise me if its inflexible to add on's.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
:Welcome:

Can't help with the awning although I had one many years ago before air became the vogue.
Rain may get in between the car and the awning but not into the actual awning as it is a separate area.
Also can't help with seat covers.
Speed camera alerts are prohibited in Germany, it is an offence to use them. My UK sat nav deactivate speed alerts by default when I entered Germany. As Steve said I doubt you'll get an add-on

Grand Tourismo

Welcome Gek!, good to have you around.

Sorry no help from me either (you're not doing well so far!)
I'm new to the MP and not planning an awning....I do have a hound which we post into a crate which sits on top of the bed extension in the rear loading area. I fitted a Bandrup mattress cover over this area to help keep it clean from muddy paws etc

KDM

For the dogs (see profile pic) I put a rubber backed rug on the floor, keeps them from slipping, scratching the floor and from getting claws injured in the tracks. For a seat cover I use a standard dog seat cover. Ours is reversible, water proof and has straps to hold it in place via the headrests and a zippered slot for access to the seatbelt attaching points. It's simple to use, and comes out when I'm moving people vice dogs. We have this one and just let it hang down over the seat. https://www.amazon.com/Kurgo-Waterproof-Reversible-Hammock-Style/dp/B06XJ6KRXZ

Steve&Max

Thanks everyone for your kind replies - keep ‘em coming !
Hi, regarding driveway awning we use a Vaude drive van , easy to put up excellent stability and build quality . Highly recommend checking one out .
Regards Steve