Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas isolation

Sobo

Hi all,

So our MP has arrived - very excited - but I have a question about isolating the gas. When you are not using the gas, do you turn it off at the isolation valve under the sink (which I find really awkward to reach), or at the gas bottle (also awkward if you're using the shelf above), or both? Or is it enough just to turn it off at the bottle and not use the awkward isolation valve under the sink?

Thanks!

hi, currently turning mine off at the bottle. Was instructed to do this when we hired a camper round oz a few years back.

Not sure if this is the correct way to do it so confirmation from someone much wiser would be appreciated.

Katie

Bottle is safest - really should be done before travel.
Had a caravan for many years and this is what we did then

Frenchie

Hi katie. Always turn off at the bottle. The other valves are not designed to keep up with the pressure for long periods. Also if you are planning trips on the eurotunnel they will ask to check the gas is off at the bottle. F

KDM

Saw a safety video on this (for any camper/glamper) a while back. It is recommended to turn the tank valve off while stove is on, this burns off any gas left in the line and then for safety sake turning off the valve under the stove--not necessary, but a good safety precaution.

James@53

As a new MP owner, I’m struggling to find the gas valve. I’ve fitted the gas bottle and turned it on there but it’s not coming through to the stove. I’ve seen talk in this thread about a valve underneath the sink but can’t find this. Any clues? (I bought it during lockdown so has a click a s collect service rather than a full overview!). Thanks in advance!

Epigram

Hi James and welcome
Yes, there is a gas shut off valve under the kitchen sink - I must admit I had forgotten about it because I always turn off at the bottle.
If you didn’t get a proper hand over and you have not already done so, download the on line Guide for the V Class/ Marco Polo. Compared to other Mercedes models its pretty comprehensive but some of the information is difficult to find.
Good luck!
PS. Be aware one of the gas connections is a left hand thread.

Attachments

• 557D5BCC-9BA2-47C8-82C1-87C7F6B7FE54.png
    557D5BCC-9BA2-47C8-82C1-87C7F6B7FE54.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

James@53

Hi James and welcome
Yes, there is a gas shut off valve under the kitchen sink - I must admit I had forgotten about it because I always turn off at the bottle.
If you didn’t get a proper hand over and you have not already done so, download the on line Guide for the V Class/ Marco Polo. Compared to other Mercedes models its pretty comprehensive but some of the information is difficult to find.
Good luck!
PS. Be aware one of the gas connections is a left hand thread.
Thanks for the reply ... but I’m still struggling. Underneath the sink, I’ve got two pull out drawers and I can’t see anything they looks like the picture. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Epigram

Sorry for my sloppy description. It’s on the other side under the fridge unit. If you still can’t find it I’ll take a photo for you.

James@53

Sorry for my sloppy description. It’s on the other side under the fridge unit. If you still can’t find it I’ll take a photo for you.
Perfect, thank you so much - hidden behind the seats! Like all things, it’s very clear when you know where to look. Thanks for your help. Great forum!

Reactions: KDM

KDM

Perfect, thank you so much - hidden behind the seats! Like all things, it’s very clear when you know where to look. Thanks for your help. Great forum!
James, My nickname for the van is The Marco Puzzle as it has puzzled me on more than one occasion.