Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas connection

PeteAkky

Hi folks,
I'm a newbie and have just bought the recommended gas bottle only to find it is not compatible with the one in my van- what do I need and where do I get it from please??

Pete

Steve B

Hello & Welcome - its a campingaz 907, many places to get one, I got mine locally off ebay (can't post them). You can get them at Halfords but I expect you can get a better price elsewhere

Epigram

A word of caution for owners of a new vehicle fitting a gas bottle for the first time;
The regulator may not be fitted or be tightened up properly. It is worth checking for leaks by sniffing for the smell of gas under the van - butane is heavier than air and will come out of the vent hole. Alternatively squirt some soap solution over the ”permanent“ plumbing connections to the regulator.

The regulator has a left hand thread to the camper plumbing (i.e. anticlockwise to tighten. The 907 gas canister of course screws onto the regulator with a normal right hand thread i.e. clockwise to tighten.

From memory, the manual tells you to loosen the regulator to change the gas bottle. IMO not a good idea because it is disturbing a permanent connection.The 907 can be removed and reconnected by unscrewing it from the regulator although its a tight squeeze getting it in or out.

It‘s worth writing under the shelf the empty and full weight of a gas bottle so that you can weigh it if you want an idea of how much gas you have left. Can’t remember the weights - I’ll check.

Reactions: Ian

StevieG

907 Camping Gaz - Butane
Total 6.46kg, tare 3.71kg, gas 2.75kg

I always weigh the gas cylinder at the end of each trip so I’m ready for next time. We seem to use around 3% or 4% per night while away (and on electric hook up). Mostly used for brekkers plus tea / coffee during the day then use bbq for lunch / dinner

Steve

Epigram

907 Camping Gaz - Butane
Total 6.46kg, tare 3.71kg, gas 2.75kg

I always weigh the gas cylinder at the end of each trip so I’m ready for next time. We seem to use around 3% or 4% per night while away (and on electric hook up). Mostly used for brekkers plus tea / coffee during the day then use bbq for lunch / dinner

Steve
Thanks for posting the gas weights StevieG, I forgot.
I was distracted yesterday by a cycle ride up the Col du Granon. It’s Stage 11 climb on the Tour de France on 13July.
It never ceases to amaze me what those guys put themselves through.
I’ll stick to an electric bike (still hard work) and a glass or two of wine after