Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First pics! 220 AMG Line. Blue with beige leather

Hi Everyone,

After a first successful trip I thought I’d post some pics. Absolutely made up with the vehicle, lovely ride, quiet, smooth, fast enough even though a 220. Spacious. A few minor niggles like the window blinds don’t fit as snug as VW and there’s no blind separating upstairs from downstairs when the roof bed is used. Electric seats take a while to fold flat. We purchased an exterior windscreen cover due to the lack of fitted windscreen blinds) but it’s more bulk and a pain when wet. Stowage of table and chairs not as neat although quicker and easier to access and store away.

However in other respects it’s better than the Cali, principally in the way it drives, the multimedia system which I love (with the digital camper control unit all now housed in MBUX), the separate window opening in the tailgate, the extra room in the living area, the hifi which is pretty decent as standard, the comfort of the rear seats for passengers (blow up bolsters giving more support and more like a proper seat), the kitchen drawers, the standard rear shower connection, standard yachting floor, electric side door and tailgate, really comfortable upstairs mattress and downstairs too (with mattress custom made from Duvalay). I’ve achieved 40mpg over the first 600 miles and am sure this will improve with time as it loosens up. All in all very happy apart from a few minor issues which will be fixed by the dealer.

Attachments

• 08761540-661E-42A5-94B8-7FE4CBDA51F4.jpeg
    08761540-661E-42A5-94B8-7FE4CBDA51F4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • C609B81C-099A-4618-8092-2FECCDD81763.jpeg
    C609B81C-099A-4618-8092-2FECCDD81763.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • 5B11CFBC-EFFA-4FBB-BA47-4D0FC9B7288D.jpeg
    5B11CFBC-EFFA-4FBB-BA47-4D0FC9B7288D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • 54F913E7-826E-4DBB-9342-407E36BBB93C.jpeg
    54F913E7-826E-4DBB-9342-407E36BBB93C.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 5AE7911E-D353-4F75-91B7-343DA9D56DC7.jpeg
    5AE7911E-D353-4F75-91B7-343DA9D56DC7.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 114
  • 5BEC8F55-3F5F-489C-A88E-003B0F531FD2.jpeg
    5BEC8F55-3F5F-489C-A88E-003B0F531FD2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 113
  • 0077B816-3722-437B-8ED0-F1E0155D647C.jpeg
    0077B816-3722-437B-8ED0-F1E0155D647C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 108
  • E0297289-582A-4244-8B3F-D2FDAB086312.jpeg
    E0297289-582A-4244-8B3F-D2FDAB086312.jpeg
    770.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 339A857F-8F55-4E34-BAA9-8678673ECA16.jpeg
    339A857F-8F55-4E34-BAA9-8678673ECA16.jpeg
    881.4 KB · Views: 113

The fat controller

Hi Everyone,

After a first successful trip I thought I’d post some pics. Absolutely made up with the vehicle, lovely ride, quiet, smooth, fast enough even though a 220. Spacious. A few minor niggles like the window blinds don’t fit as snug as VW and there’s no blind separating upstairs from downstairs when the roof bed is used. Electric seats take a while to fold flat. We purchased an exterior windscreen cover due to the lack of fitted windscreen blinds) but it’s more bulk and a pain when wet. Stowage of table and chairs not as neat although quicker and easier to access and store away.

However in other respects it’s better than the Cali, principally in the way it drives, the multimedia system which I love (with the digital camper control unit all now housed in MBUX), the separate window opening in the tailgate, the extra room in the living area, the hifi which is pretty decent as standard, the comfort of the rear seats for passengers (blow up bolsters giving more support and more like a proper seat), the kitchen drawers, the standard rear shower connection, standard yachting floor, electric side door and tailgate, really comfortable upstairs mattress and downstairs too (with mattress custom made from Duvalay). I’ve achieved 40mpg over the first 600 miles and am sure this will improve with time as it loosens up. All in all very happy apart from a few minor issues which will be fixed by the dealer.
Good pics. Congrats on the first successful trip of many!

Hi Everyone,

Looks great and lovely pics. Patiently waiting for my new one ordered early June. The wife is so looking forward to the new multimedia experience and you make it sound an improvement on the old system. We have had several VW camper vans over the years but are now hooked on the MP. Enjoy your camping.

DPS20K

Looks lovely. The MBUX is great, just need to sort out connecting the MBAC app now. Can you post any more details of the downstairs mattress - pics, where you got it from etc.

V

Vickim

VIP Member
Hi Paul
So pleased you got it, it looks exactly like the one we wish to order! Did you get it from a Mercedes dealer - if so, can I ask which one, were you pleased with the service. It's a bit cheeky to ask, but we would love to have a quick look at it - as can't find one to actually see!

Marc o Polo

Just noticed the beautiful blue colour, Paul - just brilliant, inside and out . To be honest, the few colours available are all so good that if I had to choose one, I'd be paralysed with indecision! o_O I bought a stock car (take it or leave it option). Stated Graphite Grey: I bought unseen and now understand how happy people are when it does materialise. Well worth the wait. Happy tootling...

Steve B

Great colour, I did like the blue but we bought a ready built one so got the Henry Ford colour option. The MBUX looks smart and at last has moved into current spec equivalent for most production cars. After well over two years still only spotted a couple of MP's on the road, a few more now out there to wave at!

Method7

I tried to devise a special wave reserved just for MPs, several came to mind and I have tried a couple but think I’ve been misunderstood

in fact, truthfully, I found it a bit embarrassing, exiting a costal car park and giving way to another almost identical MP. I was in a complete social vacuum, none of my life skills prepared me for that - I actually felt like we were in a communal shower, I didn’t know where to look or for how long to hold that gaze. So we gave them a big wave and a thumbs up, smiles all round.

Last edited:

Method7

I tried to devise a special wave reserved just for MPs, several came to mind and I have tried a couple but think I’ve been miss understood

in fact, truthfully, I found it a bit embarrassing, exiting a costal car park and giving way to another almost identical MP. I was in a complete social vacuum, none of my life skills prepared me for that - I actually felt like we were in a communal shower, I didn’t know where to look or for how long to hold that gaze. So we gave them a big wave and a thumbs up, smiles all round.
ohh that went wrong, I said I think the blue is lovely and it goes very well with the cream interior.. looks very luxurious… If I ever get bored with my private ambulance I think that blue might be on the very short list it’s lush..

The 220 motor is more than capable, it’s a easy drive and reasonably economical if you massage it down a motorway. I’m sure more horses to unleash at times would be nice but the chassis is not really set up as a drivers car, it sort-of feels like a car but definitely prefers to amble in the twisties - where those extra horses would be lost really.

Steve B

I tried to devise a special wave reserved just for MPs, several came to mind and I have tried a couple but think I’ve been misunderstood

The chances are you might not be in your MP when you see another, so that makes a wave even more awkward! The positive thing is, if I was in my MP and and did pass another, I drive so slowly now that i would have time for a wave, thumbs up, high five, fist bump and a salute :)

Marc o Polo

Appreciate the MP camaraderie but given the price tag of our vehicles I'd rather not "bump" into another..

Like the idea of suitably esoteric signals between initiates - but haven't a clue what to suggest.

Grand Tourismo

Appreciate the MP camaraderie but given the price tag of our vehicles I'd rather not "bump" into another..

Like the idea of suitably esoteric signals between initiates - but haven't a clue what to suggest.
We had a blue MP pass us on the M'way at slow speed so had plenty of time to wave hello, I thought we would give a cool "nod of the head" and maybe a small salute but when they actually drew level we automatically turned into children and let rip...not sure how we stayed in the correct lane!

Looks lovely. The MBUX is great, just need to sort out connecting the MBAC app now. Can you post any more details of the downstairs mattress - pics, where you got it from etc.
Sorted the MBUX app with your help in here, many thanks!
I got the downstairs mattress from Duvalay, they have the template and I ordered with a fitted sheet as well. Fits perfect and very comfortable. All for around £250.

Hi Paul
So pleased you got it, it looks exactly like the one we wish to order! Did you get it from a Mercedes dealer - if so, can I ask which one, were you pleased with the service. It's a bit cheeky to ask, but we would love to have a quick look at it - as can't find one to actually see!
Hello! Mercedes Watford - because of the deal at the time but would shop about as the deals are different now. If you use them I can recommend Robin. He’s learned a lot about these cars because of my order! Not a vehicle they supply often and interestingly he said the unit does not count against any targets so perhaps that’s why the dealers don’t bother much promoting them.
Very happy for you to come and take a look sometime. I’m near Oxford. Or I’m in Wales from tomorrow for a week. Not sure where you are?

Just noticed the beautiful blue colour, Paul - just brilliant, inside and out . To be honest, the few colours available are all so good that if I had to choose one, I'd be paralysed with indecision! o_O I bought a stock car (take it or leave it option). Stated Graphite Grey: I bought unseen and now understand how happy people are when it does materialise. Well worth the wait. Happy tootling...
I was tempted by graphite grey I must admit as it’s a new colour. Looks very nice.

Love the new AMG in blue. We've ordered the same one. Arriving December/January time....ooh the wait.
Oh congrats, you won’t regret it. And the wait is about half what I had so you’re lucky! The colour looks fab in the sunlight and we had several positive comments on the first camping trip last week.

Dutchyankee

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy you fantastic looking “Road House “! MB has taken this to a new level compared to our 2004 first edition. The typical MB gremlins pop up from time to time but it’s to be expected with all the TEC they use.
Be safe and have fun.