Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric roof not registering as closed on control panel

Denby

Hello! Any suggestions! Popped roof up over the weekend, when I put it down, took 2 or 3 goes to get the roof closed symbol to show on the screen. When it eventually did, show closed, had a continuous warning beep, which eventually stops after about a mile, but, comes on again, soon as you stop and restart. Annoying, if not potentially dangerous, as I assume, maybe the roof has not latched properly, although panel says closed. Tried today to investigate, popped top, brought it down several times, now even worse, won’t even register as closed, at all, plus beeping alarm. Not driven far lately, could it be low battery voltage, although I did run the engine to bring voltage up to over 14 before opening. Any ideas?

Epigram

On the assumption that you have downloaded the operating instructions for the V Class and Marco Polo and that you are following exactly the closing procedure, in particular that the vehicle is level and everything is well tucked in, you could try temporarily removing the mattress so that there is no additional load as the roof closes onto the bed and get the help of a second person to push it down.
Failing that you may have a faulty micro switch, they are pretty flimsy for an external electrical item.

dinger

dinger

VIP Member
Hi Denby, Sim prob with my new MB - and as above I pull down externally as I get to final few mils of closing this enables it to lock. Otherwise like you I have to battle it with warnings etc. I have to apply pressure over passenger side to ensure lock. Not ideal at all and when time allows I will get it fixed under warrantee. Also rear door can be temperamental on closing/opening and looks out of line. Again intend to sort soon just awaiting any other issues to get a job lot done!!?

Denby

Shame, such an expensive vehicle, not being properly quality checked, before leaving the factory, also the supplying dealer could have picked up these issues, although, I suppose in fairness to them I don’t suppose they had reason to pop the top, Good luck with warranty, looks like I will have to go the same route. Already booked in, as passenger door window switch has dropped down inside drivers door, wish me luck, also.

mikliz

Had the same problem as described in original post,took it in under warranty and MB said it was a faulty micro switch in the roof mechanism seems ok now but appears to be a common problem,also they mentioned recall on the upper bed,after checking they said the foam mattress needed replacing ,maybe something to do with chemicals in the foam,fire retardent ?the dealer didn't know but just said the bar code on the mattress was on their list of numbers so they ordered a new mattress which has arrived,so just need to swap them over,seems to be quite a big recall they had about 54 A4 sheets each one covered in lists of bar codes!

askho

They should not just check the bar code of the mattress and change. They should have checked for corrosion in the bed frame. That is the main point of the recall.

mikliz

Maybe there are 2 separate issues regarding the upper bed because they checked the bed itself but then said the problem was the mattress. It's actually fairly irrelevant for us because the folding section of the bed we will take out as we will never use it and once removed it leaves a very spacious shelf area at the back when the roof is raised ideal for storage when on pitch it will spend it's time in storage in the spare bedroom until we sell our M P and the mattress will be a topper for the bottom bed.

NickB

Hi Denby, Sim prob with my new MB - and as above I pull down externally as I get to final few mils of closing this enables it to lock. Otherwise like you I have to battle it with warnings etc. I have to apply pressure over passenger side to ensure lock. Not ideal at all and when time allows I will get it fixed under warrantee. Also rear door can be temperamental on closing/opening and looks out of line. Again intend to sort soon just awaiting any other issues to get a job lot done!!?
I have has similar problems with roof. Try closing as far as console will allow (press repeatedly on down arrow until no further motor noises) then turn ignition off, remove key, and replace, turn to 2nd on position, and usually close shown and alarm goes off.
Good luck,
Nick

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
Mine has now been in m b dealers for 6 days now :confused:with same problem think they are scratching there heads

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
Hello! Any suggestions! Popped roof up over the weekend, when I put it down, took 2 or 3 goes to get the roof closed symbol to show on the screen. When it eventually did, show closed, had a continuous warning beep, which eventually stops after about a mile, but, comes on again, soon as you stop and restart. Annoying, if not potentially dangerous, as I assume, maybe the roof has not latched properly, although panel says closed. Tried today to investigate, popped top, brought it down several times, now even worse, won’t even register as closed, at all, plus beeping alarm. Not driven far lately, could it be low battery voltage, although I did run the engine to bring voltage up to over 14 before opening. Any ideas?

I have the same problem been in m b garage for six days now think they are struggling to fix it

NickB

I have the same problem been in m b garage for six days now think they are struggling to fix it
I got this sorted by Sytner in Carlisle, so if you are using Sytner in Newcastle maybe they can confer. Happy to have a private conversation if you aren’t getting anywhere, (I’m near Hexham),
Nick

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
I got this sorted by Sytner in Carlisle, so if you are using Sytner in Newcastle maybe they can confer. Happy to have a private conversation if you aren’t getting anywhere, (I’m near Hexham),
Nick
Thanks nick could I give you a call tommorow

Matt

hello. I wondered if anyone knew what was causing the malfunction as mine (67 plate) has just started to do the same. I wonder if the hot weather is causing something to expand.

rovimor

rovimor

VIP Member
I had a problem closing the roof 2 weeks ago. Battery voltage had dropped quite significantly overnight and I had to run the engine for 5 minutes to power up the battery sufficiently to complete the closing process but the alarm was then going off all the way home. I plugged in the hook up for 3 nights which sorted the alarm problem and booked it in to be checked by our local MB dealer. It turns out our MP had been fitted with the wrong spec auxiliary battery which had now failed - this is now about to be replaced under warranty along with some cupboard catches and a new roof as soon as the roof is back from the paint shop. It is slightly disappointing to have these glitches but our dealer has been very supportive so I am still a happy MP owner!

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
hello. I wondered if anyone knew what was causing the malfunction as mine (67 plate) has just started to do the same. I wonder if the hot weather is causing something to expand.
just had problem fixed got van back today / my number is 07980862305 if you need help cheers ian

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
end result after having lots of bits changed new control unit installed , now working

rob jackaon

Mine has been in for 2 weeks with the same problem. they have ordered new micro switches but delivery date is 9th september.......... only bought it 3 weeks ago