Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DVD battery use

Lizziekenn

Hi, we are brand new owners just starting to explore our MP.
Does the DVD player run off the leisure battery, or if not if the engine isn’t running how does it affect the van battery charge?

KDM

My "guess" would be it runs off the main battery given the Comand System needs to be on first. Even though the key isn't required to be inserted in the dash I'm thinking all things dash based would be tied to the main. I just tried to spin up a DVD (non-Blue Ray) and was told "Not a valid format" and it all came back to me, I have U.S. Zone 1 disks, but have a EU spec vehicle which is Zone 1. Good thing I like to read books when afield :)

Lizziekenn

My "guess" would be it runs off the main battery given the Comand System needs to be on first. Even though the key isn't required to be inserted in the dash I'm thinking all things dash based would be tied to the main. I just tried to spin up a DVD (non-Blue Ray) and was told "Not a valid format" and it all came back to me, I have U.S. Zone 1 disks, but have a EU spec vehicle which is Zone 1. Good thing I like to read books when afield :)
Thanks, I guess I will have to give it a go! I have tried a DVD, a UK purchased one, and it did work - it good to know some formats don’t

Dan

I have tried this when the van is parked up and after a few mins COMAND powers down; and it won’t play when the van is driving so when/how does the DVD player actually work?? Just when stationary but the engine running?!

Steve B

Just tried a DVD yesterday and it worked, I had the ignition on and only ran it for a few mins, so can't comment on how long it will run for

M

Mosh Halperin

VIP Member
Good question - does anyone know ?
UOTE="Dan, post: 5423, member: 645"]
I have tried this when the van is parked up and after a few mins COMAND powers down; and it won’t play when the van is driving so when/how does the DVD player actually work?? Just when stationary but the engine running?!
[/QUOTE]
Just tried a DVD yesterday and it worked, I had the ignition on and only ran it for a few mins, so can't comment on how long it will run for