Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone have the Brandrup ISOLITE Internal Thermal Windscreen Covers?

Hugh Rogers

I was looking to purchase this to replace the annoying front cutain screen that came with the Polo..
Does anyone on here have these already?

looking for recommendations and are they easy enough to fit, as they say that they are connected by a a loop fastener.

Link below:

Thanks

Ragga

We bought these earlier in the year. They work well (light completely blocked) & free up a bit more space in the front of the van. The top of the dashboard is a useful over night storage shelf. The thermal insulation properties do not totally stop condensation, but it is a vast improvement on the original curtain.
My only gripe would be the position of one of the Velcro strips for the side window blinds. In wet weather we had a very small leak path created. The remedy was simple & straight forward. Remove the adhesive pad from the door & cut off the offending tab.

Hugh Rogers

Thanks for the info....I'll order a set then..
So just to check...I would have to attach a velcro strip on the top of the side windows?
Do they also have suckers on them too?
Thanks

Roy C

Have you considered the Comfortz one sold in the shop on here? I’ve just bought one but it only arrived yesterday and haven’t had the chance to test it.yet

Ragga

Hello Hugh

For the side windows there are 5 short strips (say 30 mm long) of Velcro with adhesive backing that you stick to the door frame. These hold the blinds in place when the door is open. When the door is closed, the blind is firmly clamped between the door and its frame.
You can see 2 of the strips shown in this photo1561674237327.jpeg

Ragga

In the photo below I have marked the approx positions of the Velcro strips. Four are circled blue and one red. At the position circled red, we removed the adhesive strip and its corresponding tab
44872A6D-8D7F-426D-B231-EC392156D96E.jpeg

Dan

Hi - is there something that blocks the tiny triangular window in front of the pillars?

Steve B

Have you considered the Comfortz one sold in the shop on here? I’ve just bought one but it only arrived yesterday and haven’t had the chance to test it.yet
Ive used mine quite a lot (as per profile picture), it works really well and takes just a few mins to set up once familiar with it. Never had condensation and it is a black out blind. I'm now considering the pop top wrap as I tend to wake up when its light, 04.30 is a bit early, but it costs over £300 and is a bit more involved when setting up - so still thinking about it. The costs effective method (for light not warmth) is an airline eye mask!

GeorgeG

I bought the Westfalia internal screens. Side screens attach with magnets and front screen has fibre glass rods. Very simple to fit and in my opinion far better than the Brandrup screens which I considered very poor and returned.

Steve B

@Steve B Where did you get the screen with the Mercedes logo out of interest?
From the shop on here, mine was one of the first they did and asked if I would try a logo of some sort. I just went with the MB badge but it helps with orientation when putting it on. Only slight issue was someone switched the ignition on whilst the cover was on (in the better times when you could use it as a camper) and the wipers went over it! No major damage luckily.