Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DAB

hi,

Lucky enough to have DAB in the work car and going to fm on the MP is such a let down - can barely hold a decent signal on anything other than the BBC where I live

Mb dealer told me the build in the head unit is the latest one from mb and is the same unit to what is fitted to other cars that ehave the dab modules so they couldn't think of a reason why Dab wasn't there.

Was about to go speak to spares and mechanics to see what could be done and came across this.

http://www.dension.com/automotive/products/dab-radio-solutions/dabu

Anyone else had any thoughts on getting DAB? Be good to hear your thoughts and also what you think of the USB dab module.

Cheers.

WILLH

I think it has been discussed on here before but I believe it is to do with the DAB antenna in the roof no able to be present with the mechanism for the roof bed(why it can’t be located elsewhere is a mystery).I didn’t realise DAB was omitted and was a bit miffed about it having paid out for the COMAND option!-it comes as standard in a basic Citroen C1...I believe if you link your data to the COMAND module that many of the DAB stations can be accessed through an app.

Very interesting. Thanks for the reply. My c class (my 16 with command) has the dab with the aerial in the rear windscreen. TBH the reception is not great (and has been noted on forums) so tomb could have done something similar with the mp, wonder if it had something to do with the blacking out of part of the rear window?

Def can't put up with the fm. It's rubbish. And unfortunately my mp doesn't have command so will have to explore options......

czmitche

Hi there - we have just sold a Westfalia VW T6 to get a Marco Polo and I was very annoyed to find this stupidity has been repeated. The unit on the VW T6 was the high end Discovery Media with all the bells and whistles - apart from DAB and Apple Play - which are standard on every other UK VW car with this unit. Westfalia quote this as as a €100 option on a unit costing over €1000. List price of the Westfalia Vw T6 Club Joker city is £65,000 btw. It really should be standard on that and the MP at this price. I see it is a standard feature on the new MP 2019 models (not available yet in UK). My solution on the T6 was to buy a little DAB unit from Halfords which connected to existing sockets in the glovebox for about £60. I then bought an ariel which fitted to the windscreen and wires went neatly down the windscreen pillar to the unit. So all very discrete and reception was brilliant but you have to open the glovebox to change the station ! Alternatives - tack a plastic Pure Unit to the outside of the dashboard with wires trailing everywhere or change the entire head unit to JVC/Kenwood etc. There is another option which VW refused to do - change the entire head unit to one with Dab - not sure Mercedes would be prepared to do this. Finally buy a VW California !

I looked at the Denison unit months ago and was going to go down that route to get DAB. For the last few months I have used my phone however to stream radio via the Media button. Station and track names are even sent to the head unit, no longer considering upgrading will stick with using the phone, have unlimited data so may as well use it!

czmitche

I looked at the Denison unit months ago and was going to go down that route to get DAB. For the last few months I have used my phone however to stream radio via the Media button. Station and track names are even sent to the head unit, no longer considering upgrading will stick with using the phone, have unlimited data so may as well use it!
Have you got Comand or the standard Garmin/Audio 20 head unit?

H & J

Standard Audio 20, works well though, only way to get Virgin radio
[/QUOTE]
Hi we have Audio 20 too can I ask ; does it search for stations ? I ask because ours does not and 9 months on of our vehicle mostly being at Mercedes are told that’s how it is..! You can only enter direct frequency to obtain a radio station ? Nine months of problems this is the last fix needed