Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Command Navigation System announcements - Comments please

Epigram

I have a 2019 Marco Polo with a Command Satellite Navigation System. NB Not the Garmin satnav system.

From new there has been a fault with the navigation announcements and I would like to know if other MP owners with the Command Navigation System have a similar fault. Your answers either way would be useful.
The fault is as follows:
When a new destination is entered the initial announcement is often clipped to:

‘TIS BEING CALCULATED instead of:

YOUR ROUTE IS BEING CALCULATED

The 1/2 or 1 mile advance direction announcements get clipped to:

TURN RIGHT/LEFT instead of:

PREPARE TO or IN 1/2 (or 1 MILE) TURN RIGHT/LEFT

If there is another turning in prior to the one you are supposed to take it is possible to assume this is the turning . It is not always possible or safe to check whether the announcement is corresponding to the satnav map if in an unfamiliar or busy town centre.
The vehicle has been back to the local Mercedes dealer many times over the last three years but they have failed to fix it. I am now getting the story that it is a generic problem with the announcement system software and not repairable.

If this is correct, many owners will have encountered a similar issue with the announcements. If not, it is MB dealer/ customer service BS!
Replies whether you have the problem (or not) with your Command navigation system would be appreciated.

PS This has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the satnav itself or where it wishes to take you.

Steve B

I use mine system which is the same, but through many years of habit never have sat nav announcements on. I rely on the screen, sorry can't help.

J

Jonno

VIP Member
Yes, mine does the same, usually still comprehensible, but a tad strange how the beginning of a statement is missed out. Mines a 21 year, so clearly been an issue for some time.

Epigram

Yes, mine does the same, usually still comprehensible, but a tad strange how the beginning of a statement is missed out. Mines a 21 year, so clearly been an issue for some time.
Thanks Jonno.
Does your 2021 have Command - a round control knob and touch pad, or MBUX - a flatter control pad and slightly wider screen?
My 2021 GLC with MBUX does not have the problem and the announcements are faultless - actual satnav directions are a different matter!

have also checked out other Mercedes models with Command satnav and they have not had the problem. I am still interested to find out the extent of the problem.It would seem Mercedes have knowingly been selling vehicles with an issue that they have not been prepared either to disclose or resolve.

I will try to post some videos but struggling with file sizes atm.